Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Best Finishers of All-Time: READER INTERACTIVE!

It's no secret that I'm more of a workrate guy than a sports entertainment guy here on this blog. While I love a good promo, I can say that I'm still a fan after all these years mainly because of what they do in the ring rather than what happens outside of it. I mean, why else would have features dedicated to the actual matches and moves, like the Best Moves Ever series.

So in the vein of that series, I'd like to start what I hope will be the first of many, a reader-voted Top 25. Given the predilection towards workrate, I think it's appropriate that the first one is the Best Finishers of All-Time. So, how are we doing this? Well, here's the deal. You, the readers, each submit a ballot, in order, of your top 10 finishers ever. We're talking finisher, not signature move. A finisher is a move that has been used to finish a match. Some wrestlers have multiple finishers, like Undertaker for example. For Undertaker, the gogoplata, Tombstone and Last Ride would all be finishers. Old School wouldn't. Get it. Got it? Good.

So, how do you submit your ballot? You can do it in one of several ways:

- In the comments here
- Via e-mail: tom DOT holzerman AT gmail DOT com
- Via private message at any one of the boards I post at (A1, PTC, FW)
- Via AIM
- In person

The deadline for this is going to be next week, Saturday, June 13th at midnight-ish. After that, I tabulate and I will slowly unveil the moves in a countdown format.

So please, start sending in ballots! Let's make this first Top 25 work!