Sunday, May 15, 2011

Site News: Radio Silence Commence NOW



Alright, tomorrow (later today?), I'll be leaving for for an 8 day, 7 night cruise to locations south and tropical. That means I won't be writing The Wrestling Blog for about a week or less. Yeah, I know, you're all bummed (and if you're not, then fine, be that way), but hey, it's not like I'm leaving forever. I toyed around with the idea of having a guest blogger or bloggers fill in this week (like the fine folks at the Uproxx family of blogs are wont to do when vacations arise), but I didn't get the ball rolling until it was too late, and honestly I kinda like that I'm the only one who really writes for this outside of the odd guest blog I get every other month or so.

So, what does that mean? Well, that means that since I'm not writing, there's a whole chunk of your day that probably will be open. I know more than anyone the value of having shit to read/listen to/do while killing time. So, without further ado, here's an essential media list for you to abide by for the time I'll be away from the keyboard:

- Start by catching up on The Wrestling Podcast. There are three episodes up already, all of them around an hour long, and all of them with their own merits. First one features Bryce Remsburg, who was gracious and awesome and very informative about Chikara, SHIMMER and how the greatest karaoke performance of all-time was made to happen. The second one features my Fair to Flair colleague Jason Mann, where we mainly talk about how shitty journalism has become, both in wrestling and outside. The third one sees me interview my boss at the Camel Clutch Blog, Eric Gargiulo, where we talk about Christian, Melina and food. Plus, while you're at it, you can go to the nifty iTunes page and subscribe so that when I do get back, you can get notifications as soon as a new podcast drops.

- Speaking of kick-ass podcasts, hit up Fair to Flair and see what the rest of the crew is writing about. Submissions may be slow now because they're putting the Quarterly together, but they'll have some good nuggets this week. On top of that (I DID say speaking of podcasts), three of them do work on podcasting. Aggressive Art, Kick-Out Radio and Wrestlespective Radio are all three great podcasts, with the latter two having new episodes posted fairly recently.

- Also, you definitely want to check out the Camel Clutch Blog for your latest wrestling jones, as well as for all the latest in MMA, sports and even entertainment. It's written by a staff of talented writers (and me), so you'll have plenty of good stuff to read all week.

- More podcasting! My boys over at A1 have their podcast which records weekly and you can find on iTunes as well. And hell, check out the message board too, it's awesome.

- If you really like sports and appreciate that someone is editing a sports blog with the mind of a wrestling fan, then you need to read With Leather. Brandon Stroud is running a tight ship over there, along with his contributors Burnsy, Josh "PUNTE" Zerkle (the editor emeritus) and anyone else who pops in. Good stuff.

- And hey, the other Uproxx blogs (Film Drunk, Warming Glow, Kissing Suzy Kolber, Gamma Squad) are pretty swanky too.

- Need something to watch on Youtube (other than the song I posted above), and have a strong enough stomach to see perfectly edible foods combined in monstrous mash-ups that look disgusting or SUPREMELY appetizing? Epic Meal Time, bitches. They drop a new one every Tuesday.

- More great wrestling bloggage - Check out my homey Dave McKinney and his South Atlanta Wrestling blog. Wrestling through the lens of an old-school Southern 'rasslin' fan.

- Essential Twitters if you don't know yet: Jason Mann, Razor, PizzaBodySlam, K Sawyer Paul, 2ndCitySaint, MaskedTweeter, Scott Bowden, Rhiannamator, Tom Kingsmill, Sean McLaughlin, Billy Dunleavy, Andre Harrison, commenter Lucius, Bill Baconhill, WrestlingTheory, JohnnyNoPulse, Stephen T. Stone, Pinfall Magazine, the Dirty Dirty Sheets, Dave McKinney, Butch Rosster, Norko Kipte, Brandon Stroud, Don Owens, RoboDuke, IronyNOW, We Talk Games, Eric Gargiulo, Justin Henry, Brett Clandaniel

That's it. Enjoy your week, I know I will. And if anything big happens, for the love of God, don't rub it in that I missed it when I get back. Last time, I was lucky enough only to miss Vince McMahon getting his ego stroked because ESPN was giving him favorable coverage over getting booted out of the Nuggets arena for RAW. I swear, if someone dies or gets future endeavored, and you mock me, so help me God, I'll, I'll... errr, I dunno, I was never all that good at playing Internet tough guy.

So long, and in the words of the immortal Gen. Douglas MacArther, "I shall return."

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!