Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Last Follow-up: Kyle O'Reilly Is a Good Egg

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Good on you, KOR
Photo Credit: Scott Finkelstein
Kyle O'Reilly posted another blog today as a postscript to this entire ugly thing from over the weekend:
Since giving the entire Iowa situation more thought I’ve realized that the entire incident was just an irrational and sudden action made over an impulse fueled by emotion. Everyone makes reactionary decisions when they feel they are in the right, no matter how outlandish and wrong it may seem to others. Time brings forth clarity to those that have made mistakes.

I have since reached out to Jeremy Hall, the promoter of Sunday’s show to obtain his address so that I can return to him the money that I walked away with on Sunday. I’m hoping this entire incident can be forgotten and people can now move forward with their lives.

Please keep supporting Ring of Honor and Independent wrestling at all levels.
The buzz on the street is that Davey Richards and Tony Kozina are the ones with less than savory reputations, but that O'Reilly is actually a good kid just in with a crowd that isn't like him. Between him being the only one with any sense from that camp yesterday to his actions of returning the money today, I can at least see that he is a decent guy and doesn't have the soul-crushingly large ego that would prevent him from trying to make an accord with people who may have wronged him or whom he may have wronged. Again, I wasn't there, so I don't know whose side of the story was right. Team Ambition may have tried to settle it with level heads and only were met with hubris and condescension in return. I don't know and I won't pretend to know. That being said, at least O'Reilly isn't involved in a pissing match. Good on him.