Thursday, October 4, 2012

Instant Feedback: Always Read the Fine Print

Joey Ryan, you have to read the contract. Don't you watch wrestling? Hell, don't you watch any TV show? All contracts that aren't read have a clause in them that will often surprise the people signing them. OF COURSE you had to beat Al Snow in order to get your contract. Sadly, outside of the main event, this was the most interesting thing that happened on Impact tonight, a show that theoretically should have been good with all that wrestling. It just didn't connect with me. I guess that's what happens when all the wrestlers I hate - Ken Anderson, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle - are spread out and not concentrated in one match (or given the night off).

But let's go back to Ryan and Snow. This has been a surprisingly good story involving a guy known for his comedy acting ALL SRS and a relative unknown to most Impact fans (those of us who watch PWG know the deal). I could do without the interjections from Bruce Pritchard. Seriously, why is he a thing all of a sudden, unless he's behind Aces and Eights, which, y'know, let's not think about that. Anyway, they laid a groundwork and they kept at it. Now, I'm perversely interested in them at Bound for Glory. Perversely is better than not at all. I wonder whether Ryan will actually get his contract given the new policy against DVD appearances. Then again, what left does he have to do in PWG?

Outside of a perfectly cromulent main event though (seriously, good three-way action is hard to find), this show was just bleh. I don't know whether it's an aberration or whether I should be worried that the best thing they did involved a new guy and an agent, but hey, I guess I'll take what I can get.

Besides, James Storm vs. Robert Roode can't be as bad as their segment with the hideously garish King Mo let on, can it?