Monday, December 24, 2012

The Wrestling Blog's OFFICIAL Best in the World Rankings: December 24th

Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!
Welcome to a feature I like to call "Best in the World" rankings. They're not traditional power rankings per se, but they're rankings to see who is really the best in the world, a term bandied about like it's bottled water or something else really common. They're rankings decided by me, and don't you dare call them arbitrary lest I smack the taste out of your mouth. Without further ado, here's this week's list:

1. Santa Claus (Last Week: Not Ranked) - Look, I really want that new toilet with the heated seat and the jet-powered bidet under my tree this Christmas. I have to do all the kissing up I can until tomorrow.

2. Daniel Bryan (Last Week: 1) - Even Bryan knows that when it's Christmas time, he takes a back seat to the jolly fat man (and I'm not talking Brodus Clay).

3. Rachel Summerlyn (Last Week: 2) - The Dirty Dirty Sheets Twitter asked who the sexiest wrestler of 2012 was, and if you didn't answer with Summerlyn, you were doing it wrong.

4. Christmas Ham (Last Week: Not Ranked) OFFICIAL HOLZERMAN HUNGERS SPONSORED ENTRY - I used to be on #TeamTurkey, but ham has taken the lead over the last few years. What can I say? Turkey is boring. Ham is HAM.

5. Sara del Rey (Last Week: 5) - I heard she gave all the women in WWE her best of DVD from the indies, a kitten, and a lifetime membership in the fruit of the month club. This is unsubstantiated, but I can understand if she did. High fiber is very important to any diet.

6. Al Michaels (Last Week: Not Ranked) - Normally, I don't want to have anything to do with the NBC broadcast crew, but he had a total dig at lazy shithead journalists who bitch if they have to go 15 miles from the East Coast to a location not Southern California on Sunday Night Football last night. "A lot of people in the Eastern media think Seattle is Bulgaria." Yep, they do, and IT'S ANNOYING.

7. Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian (Last Week: Not Ranked) - Man, they were on their way to showing Impact the true spirit of Christmas until that deer skinnin', beer drinkin', JOHNNY CAAAAAASH LISSSTENNNNINNNN' Grinch James Storm showed up.

8. Ayako Hamada (Last Week: Not Ranked) - I know piggybacking off awards is navel gazing at its worst, but gotta give props to Ring Belles' Wrestler of the Year, right?

9. The Big Show (Last Week: 7) - I was reminded by the latest What a Maneuver! podcast that Show was in Jingle All the Way. FESTIVE!

10. Mark Henry (Last Week: 10) - MARK HENRY FACT: Mark Henry is the manifestation of Santa Claus in Idaho Falls, Kamloomps, the entire Adriatic coast, and Ghana.