Thursday, March 13, 2014

TWB Retro Live Tweet Recap: WrestleMania II

Part of the festivities from last night
Photo Credit: WWE.com

Last night, a small but dedicated group of readers and I took on the task of watching WrestleMania II and live-tweeting thoughts about it. We relived the show, and at least I got a whiff of why the event is the forgotten WrestleMania. WOOF. When you book a show with Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, Junkyard Dog, Fabulous Moolah, Ricky Steamboat, Bret Hart, Terry Funk, Tito Santana, Greg Valentine, and the Dynamite Kid, and the best match on it is Hulk Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy, the least one could say is that WWE misappropriated its talents egregiously.

Then again, I didn't pick the show because I thought it would be good. Rather, I wanted to see how the readers would react to it, and I wanted to throw some weird stimuli at them, not the least of which included Jesse "the Body" Ventura's hat. After the jump is a curation of the best tweets from last night. Enjoy!


























In reference to Uncle Elmer...



The tweets petered out by the end of the night, and again, I blame the quality of the card. However, I think the response was enough to do this again next month. I'll try to pick a better event, I promise! But thanks to everyone who came out and participated though. I had a good time, even if Mania II was kind of a dud.