Tuesday, June 10, 2014

It's Not Delivery, It's RAW Live-Tweeting

PIZZA! TWITTER! WRESTLING!
Photo Credit: TH
DiGiorno Pizza is known for its frozen pizza and the mildly annoying advertising campaign attached to it with the tag line, "It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno!" Well, the company's Twitter account has taken to a different way of attracting customers - live-Tweeting Monday Night RAW. For the last two shows, whatever intern was tasked with handling the account started zanily tweeting musings from the show. I would be lying if I didn't think the whole thing was amusing, to be honest. Then again, Weird Advertising Twitter has become a thing now. I guess low-end food manufacturers like Denny's and Totino's Pizza Rolls are trying to get the socially liberal and millennial crowd to dip in.

I hate to be cynical, but yeah, DiGiorno's is just trying to get people who watch RAW to do so with a hot pizza in front of their maws. I would be lying if I said that pizza and wrestling didn't fit each other like nuts and bolts, and I doubt I'm an outlier. So yeah, I guess the strategy is a good one, especially when the tweets have been as entertaining as these:




Now, full disclosure, I have not been paid for what amounts to an advertisement for DiGiorno. Yuck, I feel like Darren Rovell, except where he probably might feel pride here, I feel shame. So, take this post with a grain of salt. I am endorsing the Twitter feed, not the pizza. Then again, I haven't had DiGiorno Pizza in a dog's age; I don't even know if it's good or not. I am fortunate to live in the Pizza Belt, after all. So, buy DiGiorno Pizza or don't buy it. I don't give a fuck. But at least the Twitter account is amusing, and really, isn't that fact what really matters?