Friday, June 6, 2014

WRITERS WANTED: Apply Within!

I want YOU to write for ME
Photo Credit: Amanda Holzerman
Hello everyone, and happy Friday! As you may or may not have noticed, several longtime (or even onetime) TWB writers have moved on from writing for the site. While Butch and Mr. Lutefisk still contribute, many of the other folks who have written have either lost interest, got too busy with other gigs, or are slaves to their job and don't have time to sleep let alone watch wrestling and write (Hi Shane!). So, I am putting out the call again for writers. If you want to write about wrestling for free on a site that gets read by HUNDREDS of people, well, you have come to the right place. If you're confused as to what I might want from you, well, a good start is that I would like writers who can form complete sentences, write intelligently in English about pro wrestling, and who aren't just into recapping events without putting any kind of their own spin on it. While I don't "need" specific topics, I will now list a few things that I might want to have on the site that are not currently being filled:
  • Impact reviews/TNA commentary
  • New Japan Pro Wrestling reviews/commentary
  • Live independent show reviews
  • Total Divas coverage
  • Miscellaneous puroresu/lucha libre/European wrestling reviews and commentary
  • General wrestling commentary from minority voices (women, racial minorities, LGBT, etc.)
  • HOT SPORTS TAKE style satire
  • Unique features or hooks
Of course, those options are only a fraction of what I'd be looking for. But if you're interested, please let me know either on Twitter or through e-mail. If you are interested, you will have to send me a sample of your writing for my own perusal. If I like what I see, I will welcome you aboard. The e-mail address for all writing samples is tom DOT holzerman AT gmail DOT com. I will get back to you within a couple of days of submittal.

I look forward to adding more folks to the family. If you have a hankerin' to write about wrestling, and you're tired of the same ol', same ol' star reviews and dry recaps out there, help me change the culture (or at least provide an alternative voice). Join us! JOIN THE DARK SIDE MUHUHUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!