Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Lutefisk List: Things to Do Instead of Watching Survivor Series

Don't want to watch Cena overcome the odds again? Do something else!
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Hello friends, Lutefisk here! If you're like me, you probably didn't watch Monday Night RAW and you don't really have any reason to complain. However, if you're not like me, then you probably watched RAW and probably didn't like much of what you saw.

For what it's worth, I'm not subscribed to the WWE Network. I don't plan on ordering the Network anytime soon. I've more or less stopped watching WWE. I'm never home to watch Smackdown and I've gone weeks without watching ANYTHING from Raw. It's pretty great and less stressful this way.

Now, some of you probably have the WWE Network. Some of you might be still under your current subscription and maybe there are others who have the month of November for free. People will most likely still watch the show on Sunday. People will like it and others will hate it. That's wrestling, for you.

But what if you decided to NOT watch Survivor Series? Stick with me here a second! What if you just said screw it and canceled your subscription and opted to spend your Sunday evening doing something else? Well, I'm here to help! This list provides some alternatives.

  1. Read a book: You have one of those laying around your living quarters, right? They're usually very informative.
  2. Re-arrange your sock drawer: I've used this as an excuse reason to avoid going out and socialize with people. Look at that sock drawer! It's a mess! CLEAN IT UP!
  3. Learn a new language: I'm not saying you need to go and buy Rosetta Stone, but learning a new language counts as a skill. That skill is useful on your job application. That better job application will help you get a new job, which will help you make more money.
  4. Watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Seriously, it's a great show.
  5. Watch Bob's Burgers: It is on Netflix, which I will point out is cheaper than the WWE Network.
  6. Alphabetize your kitchen pantry: I don't think I need to explain why you should do this.
  7. Play WWE 2K15: You're the boss (I guess?)
  8. Water your plant: When was the last time you tended to your plant? DON'T YOU LOVE IT?
  9. Penguin Cam: Look, you're cold, I'm cold, let's at least watch Penguin videos.
  10. Clean your bathroom: That bathroom sink of yours looks disgusting.
Obviously there are more things you could do, but these are a few ideas to help get you through your Sunday night. But seriously, clean that bathroom sink. It looks horrible!