|What if Fenix is supercharged now that he has both the Gift of the Gods Title AND the King of Trios medal?|
Photo Credit: ElReyNetwork.com
- Matanza eating someone on actual television. I'm serious, if Lucha Underground can do Vampiro being a vampire and Drago spewing fire, I want human consumption, dammit.
- Transporting the Sexy Star/Apache family feud from AAA if the former is truly done with Pentagon, Jr. If not though, I'd still like to see Faby and Mari Apache make the trek up to the Temple to add more women to the show.
- Revealing that Drago, Fenix, and Aerostar made the trip to King of Trios because the medallions have secret powers. This one might be the biggest reach, but any link between my two favorite promotions right now would be sweet.
- Torneo Cibernetico. Lucha libre's signature match would be a great addition to the second season, especially if, say, a shot at the title at Ultima Lucha 2 were on the line...
- Mil Muertes vs. LA Park(a). Hey, he just left CMLL. You never know...
I've decided that as long as the Cardinals or Yankees don't win, I'm alright with how the season turns out. Why did I not include the Mets in that "DO NOT WIN" list, even though I'm a Phillies fan? Well, the Mets are, by far, the least poisonous team in the National League East outside of the Phils, and I'm friends with a number of Mets fans on Twitter and even in real life. If they win, it'll be cool for them, plus I'm a fan of Yoenis Cespedes. However, they're probably least on the list of teams I'd want to see win. So I'll list them in order:@tholzerman Did you pick a baseball team to root for this October, and why is it the Cubs? #TweetBag— Star of Savage (@StarOfSavage) September 30, 2015
- Blue Jays - Honestly, I'm over 1993, and they have the most fun offense. I like teams that mash dingers.
- Cubs - Fans have suffered long enough, but they don't take the top spot because c'mon, I know at least some of those fans are also Blackhawks fans.
- Rangers - Cole Hamels
- Royals - They were fun last year, and I'd like to see it continue.
- Angels - Mike Trout
- Dodgers - I'd love to see Yasiel Puig get a title just to see all the crusty old sportswriters have aneurysms, they're in the lower tier.
- Pirates - I don't hate the Pirates like I do the Penguins, and them winning would be cool from a moribund franchise done well standpoint, but Pittsburgh wins way more than it should in any sport.
- Astros - Again, another team that was bad and is now good is a fun story, but that front office feels cultish to me, and it creeps me out a bit.
- Mets - See above
- Sudden cancellation of postseason due to labor strife
- End of life on Earth
- Singularity that consumes entire Universe
- Bill Simmons elected President
Get a list of marquee WWE names who are probably going to appear at WrestleMania, and then draw a list of potential opponents from a hat for each one. For example, if you get six people in the pool, then you have six names in the hat for each potential wrestler. For The Rock, you'd put, say, Triple H, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Undertaker, and Field in a hat, and everyone picks one out of it. The person who has the most hits when Mania comes around wins the prize.@tholzerman I want to make a pool predicting the card of wrestlemania 6 months out. What's the best way to go about this?— Jeff McDev (@JeffMcDev) September 30, 2015
I really want to believe that when the next round of signings is announced that Taylor's name is among them, but at this point, I have to take him at face value when he says he hasn't signed. Whether it's the truth or if he's pulling off one of the most dedicated works of all-time, if he says he's not signed, I have to believe him until he or WWE says otherwise, y'know?@tholzerman Chuck Taylor: work, shoot, worked shoot, MOMA set piece?— CJ (@cj_zfg) September 30, 2015
That question would require answering another one, and that's "has anyone wrestled as well as the Jumping Bomb Angels?" and well, that list is pretty short to begin with. So, you can probably rest comfortably that the JBAs are the best wrestlers ever to have competed exclusively in swimwear.@tholzerman has anyone wrestled while wearing a swimsuit as well as the Jumping Bomb Angels? #TWEETbag— DaVideodrome (@chudleycannons) September 30, 2015
I would probably punch a wall. You don't build up the return of the Thunder Frog only to have him killed right away. You don't. YOU JUST DON'T, OKAY.@tholzerman Hypothetical: Thunderfrog returns only to be killed by Condron/Snowflake. How do you react?— Neo-Solar Frito (@fritobandit) September 30, 2015
I'm not sure if I want them to win the Dusty Classic and move onto feuding with the Vaudevillains right away, or if I want the Grease Mulkeys (fka the Mechanics, aka Dash and Dawson) to win and have them be new age, ersatz Andersons against Cody and Dustin Rhodes. Either way, I just want them to wrestle a bunch of matches, either as feuding with the Champs or as gatekeepers, all the while focusing on Jordan and Gable and their interplay off each other in backstage interviews. Furthermore, I'd love to see Gable be the answer to the question "What if Kurt Angle only smoked pot instead of doing all those other hard drugs?" Of course, having a stoner wrestler in a company where pot gets you suspended on the Wellness Policy would be super hypocritical, but at the same time, Gable has this slacker charm to him that I want explored. He could be super special on his own or even as a longterm tag partner for Jordan, whose straight man appeal works with him.@tholzerman Book me some Jordan/Gable, if you're ready and willing.— Ryan Czachorski (@czach1r) September 30, 2015
Open up Spotify or Apple Music or even crack open a CD and listen to a good, catchy album for a week-to-ten days straight. I listened to Mastodon's Once More 'Round the Sun and Tame Impala's Currents for that duration of time, and boy, those songs burrowed in like earworms. Do the same, and you won't have to brush your mouth out with Colgate for the foreseeable future.@tholzerman How do I get John Cena's theme music out of my head? It's been buzzing around in here for about 14 months now— Willow HELL Maclay (@willow_catelyn) September 30, 2015
The winning team would either be some wet-fart Authority combination like Seth Rollins, Kane, and Big Show, or it would be a herky-jerky false hope babyface team featuring Dolph Ziggler. But the real show-stealers would be Jason Jordan, Chad Gable, and Jack Swagger. Hey, two fantasy booking scenarios featuring the Acute Angles in the same TweetBag! Anyway,@tholzerman WWE announces King of Trios tomorrow. Which team, real or thrown together, takes it, and which team is the bracket buster?— Dark & Stormer Night (@DexDynamo) October 1, 2015
Everything looks horrible in retrospect, but Joey Styles' comment of "I'd wish [Awesome] would kill himself" was actually problematic at the moment too in addition to being eerily prophetic. No one could have known ahead of time that [REDACTED] was going to sacrifice his family literally at the time, and the term was used innocuously and figuratively at the time. No, the worst thing regarding [REDACTED] is that people are still trying to come up with cockamamie conspiracy theories that absolve him of guilt. The latest was Bill Apter going on Talk Is Jericho claiming that Benoit found his family murdered and then was killed and framed for the crimes. Like, I get it, people in the business don't want to believe that someone as influential and formerly beloved as him could have the capacity for great evil. But the evidence points in that direction, and honestly, it feels gross to continue to bring it up.@tholzerman worse commentary line Style's at ONS or Cole's "Benoit willing to sacrifice his family" at Rumble 03? others? #tweetbag— I miss O&AJocktober (@Moose_Bigelow) October 1, 2015
Luckily, I didn't have to do research for this question; intrepid Twitter user @Enrico_Palazzo_ did it for me:@tholzerman when was the last time a Nick Saban coached college team lost two games in a row? #tweetbag— Joe (@jkearns4949) October 1, 2015
Saban has been long associated with college football dominance that it's easy to let the fact that his teams are mortal slip through the cracks. Of course, that question came up because Alabama lost to Ole Miss last week and will be facing a stiff test in Georgia this week. Could Saban's team suffer another two game losing streak? And without the break between regular and bowl seasons, will 'Bama fans end up going crazier? I GUESS YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SATURDAY TO FIND OUT.@tholzerman 2013, lost to Auburn in the SEC championship, then lost to Oklahoma in the sugar bowl. So not too long ago— The Enrico Palazzo (@Enrico_Palazzo_) October 1, 2015