Thursday, February 22, 2018

Twitter Request Line, Vol. 225

Jarrett, in a WWE ring again? I'd bet on it.
Photo Credit: WWE.com
It's Twitter Request Line time, everyone! I take to Twitter to get questions about issues in wrestling, past and present, and answer them on here because 140 characters can't restrain me, fool! If you don't know already, follow me @tholzerman, and wait for the call on Wednesday to ask your questions. Hash-tag your questions #TweetBag, and look for the bag to drop Thursday afternoon (most of the time). Without further ado, here are your questions and my answers:

I don't think it's a matter of if but when, to be honest. He's going to be in the Hall of Fame, right? And Vince McMahon has a guitar-playing heel who'd probably generate a lot of fan reaction if he went face to face with Double J. Hell is freezing over, so you might as well go all the way with it and not wonder, but expect Jeff Jarrett to get another spin in a WWE ring once he's all clean and sober.

I'm sorry to be short and curt with this response, but my memory is not that good to make mental note of any Jarrett match, let alone a good one.

Note, I don't wish for Roman Reigns to tear his ACL. In fact, Reigns is in my ideal WrestleMania main event this year, not vs. Brock Lesnar, but vs. Braun Strowman. That being said, if Reigns were to come down with a debilitating injury, the backup plan of Strowman vs. Lesnar works even better than Reigns/Lesnar would (but not nearly as well as Reigns/Strowman would). Strowman has been rumored to be facing Miz at Mania for the Intercontinental Championship. Finn Bálor slides into that spot. The Mania card doesn't change that much afterwards, since I feel like Bálor was fodder for the Andre anyway. But I feel like those two matches are way more intriguing than Reigns/Lesnar and Strowman/Miz.

As an aside, if WWE did give the world Reigns/Strowman instead of Reigns/Lesnar this year, Lesnar would have gotten Bobby Lashley in my dream ideal booking. Don't tell me that match wouldn't rake, even if just from a oddity standpoint.

Not only would I eat it and not tweak it whatsoever, I would probably roll around in it.

Protected user @adamsgroove asks:
First 10 pics of this year's NFL Draft. Who ya got, and why?
1. Cleveland Browns - Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming - I don't have a high opinion of Allen, but the Browns will Browns until I see otherwise. The team needs a quarterback, and Allen has good scouting among the top of the class. Personally, he should be regarded where the old guard is scouting Lamar Jackson, and the former Heisman-winning QB should be in play for this spot. But hey, the league doesn't change overnight.

2. New York Giants - Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA - Rosen is a top QB prospect that I do like, and I think the Giants pick him over the pack because the team seems like it wants to move on from "distracting" players. Baker Mayfield caused some static with the old guard for reasons that I thought were stupid, but hey, I'm projecting here, not saying who should go.

3. Indianapolis Colts - Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State - The Colts need defense. New coach Frank Reich can attest to that just having come from the SUPER BOWL CHAMPION PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, who won on on the strength of their defense (disregard the 33 points the Pats put up in the Super Bowl and concentrate on the whole season). A good defense starts at getting pressure, and Chubb is the best pass-rush prospect.

4. Browns - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State - Again, the Browns will Browns until further notice. I'd pick Minkah Fitzpatrick here, but the Browns need offense, and the clarion call of Barkley, even though picking running backs high is highly regarded as bad strategy, may be too hard to resist.

5. Denver Broncos - Quentin Nelson, G, Notre Dame - The Broncos feel like they'll be major players for Kirk Cousins, as I see general manager John Elway as seeing his roster close to a Super Bowl. This would require a reload rather than a rebuild. Plus, I'm not sure what the internal temperature on Paxton Lynch is either. Nelson would shore up an aging line and help get whatever QB the protection it needs.

6. New York Jets - Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma - The Jets are also players for Cousins, but they also don't have much else at the position and are further away from contention than the Broncos are. I feel like they would be better suited to go for a draft QB, and luckily for them, my projections have probably the best QB in the draft falling to them.

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama - The Bucs have a lot of holes, especially on a disappointing defense that tanked its playoff chances last year. Fitzpatrick is the best DB prospect out there, and he will help shore up the passing defense for a team that looks to get back to playoff contention.

8. Chicago Bears - Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia - While it might be more tempting to get Mitch "Kiss Them Titties" Trubisky weapons high, Smith is the best player available and a classic Bears LB prospect in the vein of Mike Singletary or Brian Urlacher. He would help turn a frisky Bears defense last year into a powerhouse one this year.

9. San Francisco 49ers - Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama - The Niners just PAID Jimmy Garoppolo, so they probably feel the need to get him some weapons. The WR class from what I see around the mocks feels nowhere close to a consensus, but Ridley feels like a guy that would go high just because of his pedigree.

10. Arizona Cardinals (from the Oakland Raiders) - Sam Darnold, QB, USC - I would be shocked if a QB-needy team didn't trade up, and with Denver not taking a QB, that team, which I'm projecting to be the Cardinals here, won't have to trade up as far. Oakland needs players, and it can ransom quite a few picks for the chance to get the last highly-regarded QB in the draft. Of course, I'd take Lamar Jackson over Darnold any day, but I'm not a NFL GM. Why am I not a NFL GM? Don't answer that.

I was behind a car today while headed into the field for work. It had an "Eagles Super Bowl LII Champions" license plate holder. I started swelling up with joy that I almost did the E-A-G-L-E-S chant in my car. Suffice to say, I'm still pretty high and I don't know when I'll ever come down. GO BIRDS.