Friday, July 13, 2018

Twitter Request Line, Vol. 243

Would an iron man version of one of these matches work?
Photo Credit: WWE.com
It's Twitter Request Line time, everyone! I take to Twitter to get questions about issues in wrestling, past and present, and answer them on here because 140 characters can't restrain me, fool! If you don't know already, follow me @tholzerman, and wait for the call on Wednesday to ask your questions. Hash-tag your questions #TweetBag, and look for the bag to drop Thursday afternoon (most of the time). Without further ado, here are your questions and my answers:

Everytime I say that I get tired of multi-wrestler matches, WWE has a match with more than one person that is perfectly fine at the very least. So stretching that action out would tend to work, and you could even add some spots in, like doing a finisher on a wrestler who just pinned the other guy. I don't know if it's ever happened outside of WWE, although I wouldn't be shocked. However, I think it could do very well in any promotion.

If you want to see good butt pictures, then I suggest giving Twitter's top sommelier of Celeste Bonin photographs a follow. You know him as Jim Ross. As for her future in WWE, it feels like coming back to do the Mae Young Classic, for someone her age, is more than just a one-time thing. WWE needs some bulk for its women's divisions, especially if it wants to run a full women's-only Network special in the future. I see this more of a backdoor redebut into the company, a la Mickie James' title shot vs. Asuka at Takeover: Toronto rather than the Serena Deeb Gold Watch run last year that led to a Performance Center coaching gig. Now, where she goes after she gets eliminated from the tournament is anyone's guess. Maybe she'll end up on Smackdown as a soft ally of New Day? I don't know of anyone who'd object to that.

My first prediction is Brock Lesnar will show up. Vince McMahon will take a bunch of money he's getting from Fox and throw it at Lesnar to come in and drop the title so he can be done with the whole circus. Additionally, expect him to drop it not to Roman Reigns or to Seth Rollins, the latter whom I think will be the official challenger, but to Braun Strowman. I don't think McMahon is dumb enough to try and make Strowman a heel, and him cashing in on Rollins, well, that would just cause a bunch of fan revolt.

AJ Styles will defend his title against Samoa Joe, and if I were a betting man, I'd say he'll lose said title. Daniel Bryan will probably wrestle Kane, and whether or not he wins will depend on if he signs on that dotted line to stay with the company. The Roman Reigns/Bobby Lashley feud will continue, with Reigns getting the victory. Asuka, whom I think will win the Smackdown Women's Championship Sunday, will get her win back vs. Charlotte Flair, while Alexa Bliss will triumph over both Nia Jax and Ronda Rousey in the RAW Women's Championship match. Sasha Banks will beat Bayley in a Bed-Stuy Street Fight, while SANitY will beat New Day with some help from Nikki Cross. Dolph Ziggler will retain the Intercontinental Championship over, geez, I don't fuckin' know, Apollo Crews, while Jeff Hardy will drop the United States Championship to Shinsuke Nakamura. Finally, on the pre-show, the Smackdown Tag Team Champions Bludgeon Brothers will lose a match to the Usos via disqualification to set up a rematch later on, and the RAW Tag Team Champions will retain over, I don't know, the Authors of Pain? Christ, I hope they book a better card than I just did.