Friday, August 10, 2018

NXT In 60 Seconds

FOUR and Only!?  All right, who's been screwing with this thing?
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Amber Nova: is rule 63 Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly, and also doomed since she's against...
Nikki Cross: cackles and is adorably terrifying per usual
Full Sailors: Nikki's gonna kill you!  Nikki's gonna kill you!
Amber: But I can rana you into the buckle, and I'm putting you in a straightjacket hold because I like irony, and
Nikki: yeahno Forearms!  Thesz press!  Me but off the top rope!  The Purge!
Referee: Winner!

Ricochet's Music: fires up
Ricochet: seems to have incorporated planking into his entrance
the Undisputed Era: have made him do so by force
Some Guy: You think I'm a coward, BAYBAY?  I don't hide behind anybody!
His Three Lackeys: agree wholeheartedly
Some Guy: You're battered and beaten; and I stand tall the One And Only North American champion; after I mangle you in Brooklyn, that will still be undisputed.
the Undisputed Era: throw up their gang sign

Vanessa Borne: My game plan is simple — to win.
Ron Howard via voiceover: It turned out she wouldn't.
Vanessa: The MYC has immaculate women's performers but how can that be true if the Vision isn't involved?
Ron Howard via voiceover: Like this?
Vanessa: I deserve to be in it, you deserve to see me win it, and everyone will get what they deserve.  Now leave me alone when I'm warming up for my match.
RHvv: In the future, we will try to avoid putting things like the Parade of Champions on the hour before a qualifying match.  Or we should, at any rate.

Adrian Jauode: is from Brazil and works in capoeira and wrestling while looking like a distaff Street Fighter
Kassius Ohno: comes out to his usual pop
Announce: sets a land speed record for most recorded uses of "Kassius" and "frustration" in concurrence
Jauode: shows off the capoeira, then the wrestling
Ohno: shows off the KICK IN THE FACE!  Senton!  Yakuza shot!  Dea... uh, Dream Crusher!
Referee: Winner!

Velveteen Dream: sits poolside
EC3: arrives
Dream: Sit down next to me.
EC3: does
Dream: Would you like to take a walk?
EC3: I'd be charmed.
Dream: tries to shove him into the pool
EC3: Hey hey hey now! You trying to shove me into the pool?
Dream: I wouldn't do that. You're the Top One Percent, you get treated better than that.
EC3: (wryly) Everybody loves me.
Dream: Don't condescend.
EC3: I won't, even though I came here for a fight.  This is bigger than us, it's something I want to wait until Brooklyn for and four, the Purple Rainmaker v. the Golden God.
Dream: sunglasses off I invite you to my facilities and you disrespect me?  I've respected you enough, and his sunglasses knock EC3's down
EC3: I got it.
Dream: tries it
EC3: does it
Dream: sputters and grumbles angrily
EC3: Dude!  It's three feet deep!

Marcel Barthel: kampfs the ring all up
Keith Lee: also making his NXT debut to a much larger pop, and also kinda needs his old theme back
Full Sailors: (a la Seven Nation Army) ♬ Oh, bask in his gloooory!   Oh, bask in his gloooory! ♬  Keith Lee!  clapclap  Keith Lee! clapclap
Keith Lee: is heartened
Marcel: goes behind and paintbrushes him Nein!
Keith: forearms him down Nein!
Marcel: lands some shots
Keith: dropkicks him down
Mauro: A flying tank has come to Full Sail! 
Full Sailors: ♬ Oh, bask in his gloooory!   Oh, bask in his gloooory! ♬
Marcel: Corner step up Owenzuigiri!  Basement dropkick while he's in the ropes!
Keith: Headbutt!  Double handed chop!  Gourdbuster!  POUUUUUUUNCE!  Probably Not Going To Be Called Ground Zero anymore!
Referee: Winner!

Street Profits: Next week we bust TM61, oh oh so sorry, (bad Australian accent) the Mighty ((/)'s heads down to the white meat.
Vanessa and Taynara: have a hard collar and elbow tie up
Both: trade pins
Taynara: Judo throws!
Vanessa: Into the middle buckle with you!  I deserve that spot, not you!  Grounded dragon sleeper!
Full Sailors: are obviously a bit confused by this all heel matchup and don't clap too loudly in the expected place
Vanessa: Bodyscissors!
Taynara: gets out of it after a few beats This is mine!  PK to the arm!  Overhead belly to belly!
Vanessa: slaps her 
Taynara: Are you crazy?  "reverses a crucifix into a side slam"
Referee: Winner!
Taynara: cries happily, points at the MYC logo on the Tron 

Aleister Black: comes out to a big pop
Johnny Gargano: comes out to a smaller pop than usual
Full Sailors: dueling chants
Gargano: Forearms!
Black: Strike flurry!
Gargano: Rollthru kick!  Tope!  Superman spe
Black: KNEE IN THE FACE.  Body blows!
Both: line the other, then again, then down
#14: tosses Johnny, stomps Black
Johnny: throws hands on his ex BFF
Black: kicks them both down then stomps on #14
Gargano: pulls #14 out to beat on him some more
Full Sailors: Triple threat!  Triple threat!
Referees: break it up
Full Sailors: Let them fight!  Let them fight!
Master Regal: I sent them to restore order as well as to announce that in Brooklyn, you will all be in a triple threat match for the NXT World Heavyweight Championship!*

*Note: Aleister legitimately suffered an injury on a house show died on the way back to his home planet