Thursday, June 11, 2020

Twitter Request Line, Vol. 297

Hey, it's a pot of chili. That has something to do with the first question.
Photo Credit: Food Network
It's Twitter Request Line time, everyone! I take to Twitter to get questions about issues in wrestling, past and present, and answer them on here because 280 characters can't restrain me, fool! If you don't know already, follow me @tholzerman, and wait for the call on Wednesday to ask your questions. Hash-tag your questions #TweetBag, and look for the bag to drop Thursday afternoon (most of the time). Without further ado, here are your questions and my answers:

FINALLY, a question about an important topic - flatulence. There are all kinds of farts, ranging in smell, moisture, sound, and yes, temperature it. All farts come out a degree of "hot," but the really hot ones are rare. While they might indicate that you're sick, there's an almost comforting feeling about the cleaning heat clearing a path from inside to out. That is, unless I am misunderstanding the question. Capisicum farts are the fucking worst. THE WORST.

So if you've known me for more than a couple of hours, you know that I ride or die for the Grass-type starters, and while I love that type overall, I have soft spots for other types too. Namely, those types are Dragon and Poison. Which gym would make for the best monotype gym? Honestly, it's Poison. With the advent of Fairy-type Pokemon, the Poison-type's profile has risen exponentially as a check against the check against the almighty Dragon. Plus, it resists Fighting-type moves, has great strategic value, and well, purple is a rad thematic color. So, my Poison-type gym would be situated in the back-end of a region so I can have fully-evolved 'mons. My team would look something like this:

Crobat - Fast and versatile, the noble Crobat is in second place in the "Perseverance pays off raising trashy and common Pokemon" after Magikarp/Gyarados. Milotic doesn't count because Feebas is a PAIN IN THE ASS TO EVEN CATCH. Confuse Ray/Toxic/Bite/Cross Poison for maximum annoyance and also for the confuse/flinch combo.

Alolan Muk - The big pile of sludge got an upgrade in their Alolan form with a secondary typing that out and out shuts out the biggest threat to their existence. Yes, I give up the Fighting resistance, but who cares, that's why you build a team. Substitute/Focus Punch/Gunk Shot/Crunch is a sassy set.

Salazzle - Salazzle's debut in Generation VII saw it become one of the premiere special attackers in the game, being able to clear out nearly anything that is put in front of her. Flamethrower/Sludge Bomb/Dragon Pulse/Nasty Plot hits EVERYTHING and the speed will make trying to survive and outgun the ol' girl difficult.

Tentacruel - You want a stout, sturdy monster who can take a couple of hits and make life hell for your team? The entry-hazard laying bastion of the sea is essential as a special wall. Toxic Spikes/Supersonic/Hydro Pump/Sludge Bomb is the play

Venusaur (Mega) - Did you think I would leave out my favorite Pokemon making a Poison team? C'mon. Venusaur's bulk and heft makes them an essential starter Pokemon and team anchor. Sludge Bomb/Petal Dance/Earth Power/Sleep Powder is formidable.

If you wanted a Champions rematch team, add in Toxicroak with Poison Jab/Close Combat/Sucker Punch/Ice Punch. Boom. Poison Gym.

Honestly, we have so many gadgets at our house. We have an instant pot, two air fryers, a crockpot, a bamboo rice cooker. Some of the stuff we don't use, but others we use a lot. One thing I guess I'd want is an immersion circulator so I can finally start doing sous vide. I see a lot of people having fun with sous vide on Twitter, and while you don't need the fancy equipment to do it, well, I saw Iron Chefs use it, so I want the best equipment. One piece of equipment I would never buy isn't because I wouldn't want it. I would love to have a deli slicer in the kitchen, especially for Thanksgiving turkey or Easter ham leftovers. That being said, I don't think I would trust myself using one without losing flesh, and that goes double for my wife. To clarify, she wouldn't lose her flesh, she double wouldn't trust ME not to use it without paying for it with skin and blood.