Saturday, April 16, 2011

Future Endeavors 4/15 Power Poll: Farewell, Edge

Thank you Edge!
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Welcome to yet another edition of the Future Endeavors Power Poll, a poll ranking wrestlers on a weekly basis based on how awesomely they performed or were portrayed on a Tuesday-to-Monday cycle. It is voted by a who's-who of wrestling bloggers, including my blogging Johnny Garganbro, PizzaBodySlam. I will list the top ten, and then post and comment on my ballot. Here goes:

1. Edge (Last week: 4)
2. The Miz (5)
3. Alberto Del Rio (10)
4. John Cena (NR)
5. R-Truth (NR)
6. Sin Cara (NR)
7. The Rock (1)
8. Christian (NR)
9. Sheamus (NR)
10. Sting (NR)

And now, without further ado, my ballot:

1. Alberto del Rio - Won a shot at the now vacant World Heavyweight Championship and gets a sympathy vote for having his car further defaced.

2. Sin Cara - Botchy ending to his first match aside, he's had an impressive first televised week of work in the company.

3. Christian - He didn't win, but he looked damn good losing. Also, the crowd majorly popped for him looking at the WHC. Plus he handed that Brisco Bros. tow truck pretty well if you ask me.

4. Jerry Lawler - Beat Jack Swagger and got a chance to exact his revenge on Cole for stealing the WM match from under his nose.

5. The Young Bucks (Generation Me) - Won back the PWG Tag Team Championships at WINNING~!

6. Claudio Castagnoli - Retained his PWG World Championship at the same event. Very European, if you ask me.

7. RED BELLY Wade Barrett - Good showing on both shows.

8. Santino Marella - I have to give the man his props for showing initiative and making his his own stable to battle the horribly misspelled Corre.

9. Jack Swagger - If he would have followed through and smacked the taste out of Cole's mouth, he might have gotten higher on this list.

10. Daniel Bryan - Stock Daniel Bryan ranking.

NOTE: I myself didn't rank Edge for the reason that I don't think retiring is a valid thing to rank for. Not saying I don't appreciate Edge or whatnot, but that's my reasoning for leaving him off altogether.

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!