Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kevin Steen: Appreciator of the Tapir

We all know Kevin Steen is a zoo enthusiast. Obviously, that means he likes seeing exotic animals. Last night on Twitter, he made reference to his zoo affinity with his plans for 2012:
2012 will be my busiest wrestling year yet! Many skulls to break, careers to ruin, companies to destroy, titles to win and animals to see!
I thought it cliche to ask the man about his wrestling plans, mainly because I've born witness to them being made across two major indie promotions in 2011 and in the first shows of '12. So, I asked him his opinion about my favorite zoo animal ever:
What's your opinion of the tapir? They were always my favorite zoo creature.
Here's his reply, to my utterly delightful surprise:
They're pretty fucking cool. I used to own one in '89.
I couldn't believe it. Kevin Steen owned a tapir? I thought he was fucking with me until I had my crack team of Photoshop experts Internet researchers find this rare picture of Steen with his pet tapir:
Photoshop credit: Andrew Southern of Wrestlegasm

HOLY POOP! There it is, in the flesh, evidence that Kevin Steen indeed had a pet tapir at some point in his life. I have it on good authority that its name was "Bootsy" as well. Okay, maybe it's not good authority, but hey, that's a good name for a tapir, right? RIGHT?