Friday, November 22, 2019

Twitter Request Line, Vol. 282

I spit in the face of people who don't eat apples
Photo Credit: WWE.com
It's Twitter Request Line time, everyone! I take to Twitter to get questions about issues in wrestling, past and present, and answer them on here because 280 characters can't restrain me, fool! If you don't know already, follow me @tholzerman, and wait for the call on Wednesday to ask your questions. Hash-tag your questions #TweetBag, and look for the bag to drop Thursday afternoon (most of the time). Without further ado, here are your questions and my answers:

1. Honeycrisp - Almost never mealy, super sweet, and really juicy
2. Granny Smith - Also almost never mealy, and I love the tartness behind the sweetness
3. Gala - They have a high mealy/non-mealy ratio, but when they're good, they're good.
4. Red Delicious - They're the ones I grew up with
5. Them Apples - How 'bout them?

The intersection of Pokémon and wrestling, my home! Anyway, the Kaifaiba Region is a region of deception and scuzz, but that's what what makes it fun. You start out in little Chikara Town and get your starters from Prof. Quackenbush. You can choose from:
  • Bryan Danielson - Grass, who evolves into Daniel Bryan (Grass) who evolves into American Dragon (Grass/Dragon)
  • Rebecca Knox - Fire, who evolves into Becky Lynch (Fire) who evolves into The Man (Fire/Steel)
  • Ashley Vox - Water, who evolves into Sea Star (Water) who evolves into Oceanea (Water/Dark)
You wander off from Chikara Town in search of eight Brass Rings to win the Kaifaiba League title and face off against the Champion. You start out trying to catch jobbers of the Normal type before moving onto more advanced PokéWrestlers. You go to gyms in Extreme City (Steel), AAA Village (Flying), Mutaburg (Poison), Shoot Central (Fighting), Shady Promoter Town (Dark), Stampedeton (Ice), Samoa City (Water), and DDTown (Fairy) before moving onto face the Elite Four and Champion Vince McMahon. Once you beat him, all your wrestlers get health insurance.

Whether I can only purchase that particular burger or whether that burger regenerates itself after I'm done eating, I'm taking the pork roll burger from Culture on the Circle in Northeast Philadelphia. It's a burger that combines ground beef and ground pork roll, 50/50 I believe, and then they top it with sharp cheddar and a runny egg. I would die for that burger. I would kill for that burger. I want that burger now.

Coconuts are a valid food even they're not my favorite. I enjoy Mounds and Almond Joy, and coconut cream pie is in the B-tier, which is still good. For reference, shoo-fly, apple, and key lime pies all occupy the S-tier. Coconut milk is also a big part of Thai food, and I like Thai food. I'm not coconuts for coconuts, but I respect their place in the culinary hierarchy.

Although it wasn't "handed" to me, I aped my mother's baked macaroni and cheese recipe. It eschews the bechamel-based sauce that most other elite mac 'n cheeses have, but it's still unctuous and savory and cheesetastic. I've made it a couple of times, although mine never comes out as good as my mom's. Then again, I'm not the primary cook for my family, so it doesn't really matter.

I think it's more the latter. I don't really know how most wrestlers are in real life. Chuck Taylor, for example, might be hella chill, but I think it's less that his laid back attitude is shining through and more that he's got a great touch tweeting like he's neurotic. Same thing with the other great wrestlers on Twitter like RJ City, Malcolm Bivens, and Big E. Hell, Erick Stevens is good at Twitter by just being 100 percent earnest all the time. I think the key is probably not doing angles on Twitter and not beefing with other wrestlers. Even that's not all of it. It's on a case-by-case basis, I suppose. Then again, who is really good at Twitter anyway? Not me. Not anyone really. Maybe @dril is. Maybe.

The linchpin of any good traditional Thanksgiving dinner is turkey, so basically you have to replace that protein with something else. Ham is too holiday-forward as well. It's kinda like if you decided to watch DVR of Smackdown instead of RAW on Monday. Anyway, if you really wanna thumb your nose at tradition, cook a crown roast on Thanksgiving. You get to feel like it's a special occasion because crown roasts are expensive, and you replace the mild turkey flavors with beefy forwardness. The side dishes fall into place. You can still keep mashed potatoes, but mac 'n cheese as the secondary starch aside from stuffing/dressing is the play. The vegetables probably stay the same, and honestly, you could take or leave the cranberry sauce. Granted, I am a turkey stan, so cherish eating that as the main protein on the Thursday before the last Friday in November. However, if you're eschewing the big bird, then go with the beef. No, I don't do phrasing on this website.

Protected user @earthdog asks:
Getting Ready for Star Wars Episode 9. Who are your top 9 droids?
1. R2D2 - They always know what's going on and have a quick fix, even if their data port gets blasted off.
2. L3-37 - FREEDOM FOR SENTIENT BEINGS! (Also, she's the reason why humanity should kinda stop now with developing AI because once something becomes sentient it has rights.).
3. BB-8 - So cute!
4. K-2SO - He's sassy and a killer. Let's go.
5. C-3PO - He's a bit annoying, but hey, he's useful when it comes to translating.

At this point, I have to disclose that I'm not big into anything but the movies and The Mandalorian so that's my complete ranking of droids. However, non-Imperial droids are good, for the most part.

I feel like Kenny Omega would have been the answer if you take out the EVPs' willingness to job for people to help strengthen the company as a whole. Since it feels like those wrestlers are off-limits for big titles, the answer is probably Jon Moxley. Even though I think Mox is bigger than the title and could carry a main event program without it, the title feels like it needs him. AEW probably realizes that too. Personally, I think Darby Allin should be the one to end the reign probably in the summertime, but I'm not booking that company, and honestly, I feel no need to since I've been enjoying it so far.