Monday, August 3, 2009

Instant Feedback: F John Cena

It's funny when one guy does his best to put over the young up-and-comers and another guy squashes another one after no-selling a beatdown, and the guys you're talking about are Triple H and John Cena, and Triple H is in the former role and Cena in the latter. Seriously, was this fucking bizarro world? I mean, I had no hope for the two big matches tonight since Triple H had made Legacy his bitch-boys and Cena the same with Miz, but I'll man up and give Trips his props tonight. He did the right thing in building up Legacy as a threat the last two weeks. Even if he and Shawn Michaels beat Legacy clean at SummerSlam, it'll be cool since Trips is showing ass right now. This is how it's done.

You want to know how it's not done? The way Cena has been thrashing Miz. I mean, they've only had one competitive encounter in the last six weeks, and that was the match post-Bash, which was the match they should have had at The Bash instead of the high-profile squash they did have. Before that, you had an opportunity for Miz to get some heat by eliminating Cena in the BR before getting tossed by Trips. Okay, but you didn't, you had Trips and Cena just throw him out like yesterday's garbage. Then last week, you had an opportunity to at least have Miz take Cena to the wire before losing and giving Cena the opportunity to go to "Summerfest", but no, it was a fucking glorified squash. And now this.

Well, guess what WWE, you just killed the MasterLock. You killed Legacy and Randy Orton. You killed The Miz, and you basically killed my interest in ever paying money to see John Cena headline a PPV. Why the fuck should I pay money to watch a match with him when I know the ending? He's going to overcome great odds all the time and win the fucking match. Hell, at least Triple H is going out of his way to lay down for Cody Rhodes to make his SummerSlam match interesting. Shit, when Triple H is the one looking good among the RAW main eventers, SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Hell, there's no reason why both Trips and Cena can't look like they're good soldiers here, but no. I have no idea whether it's just WWE Creative being ass-tarded in their build here or whether Cena is starting to flex his muscles backstage, but I don't like it one bit. Cena, you're dead to me now.

The sad thing is that the finish to that match ruined a pretty good RAW. I mean, not only did Trips do the right thing, but the match itself was really good as well. We've all seen Ted DiBiase on offense, but it was refreshing to see Cody Rhodes on offense. He's got good moves, and I especially liked his submission hold, the sleeper/hammerlock combo he did. The Hornswoggle/Chavo stuff is beyond played out and needs to be for live audience only, but I'm at peace with Chavo's status anymore, and I always like Mark Henry throwing people around like rag dolls. The Big Show and Jericho stuff was awesome as always, and Jeremy Piven and Dr. Ken were sharp with their comedy.

It's too bad that such asinine and self-destructive booking ruined it. I know that they're booking for the kids now, and the kids want to see John Cena win all the time, but you know what? They're going to get bored if there's no tension or doubt about the result. If Cena always wins, why should they watch? As an adult, if John Cena wins all the time, why should I order a PPV where he's headlining? You tread a line where you stand to ruin all of Cena's drawing power and the potential drawing power of anyone else thrown in his maw like chum to a shark, and at times like this, I don't think the WWE should really be trying to ruin a potential draw.

But that's just me. What do I know Vince, eh? I'm just an idiot smark. Well you know what Vince? I'm just another idiot smark who's dangerously close to not ordering SummerSlam now. And I don't think I'm alone.