Tuesday, September 22, 2009

God Bless Chikara

As you know, I attended King of Trios Night 1. It was amazing, a good time was had by all, and Chikara earned itself a fan and endless praise on this here blog that night. I missed out on the next two nights for whatever reason, but now, I'm really pissed that I didn't go, especially to night two. Why? Well, now that the King of Trios tournament has made it to recap-action on Chikara's Podcast-a-Go-Go series (a great way to keep up with the fed if you can't attend every event, btw), I got to see some great clipped action from Night Two, a four-way match featuring Kota Ibushi, Nick Jackson of the Young Bucks, Jigsaw (the real one, not me in the mask) and blog favorite and all around superhuman luchador El Generico. Really, not a bad apple in the basket if you ask me. Judging from the following clip, I missed a hell of a match:



Honestly, I have no idea how Ibushi hasn't garnered attention from the WWE by now. All four men impress, but Ibushi is the most impressive, and given what went down in that clip, that's saying something. God bless Chikara.