Monday, November 9, 2009

Instant Feedback: RAW Is a Bread-Filled Meatloaf

It really is pathetic that the WWE doesn't have enough faith in its wrestlers and angles going into one of their biggest PPVs that they have to fill time with NASCAR fluff segments and a pointless replay of the worst segment from last week. Torgo from the A1 Boards called it a throwaway show, and I'd be hard-pressed to disagree. That being said, there were some good moments, like Bourne/Swagger and Henry/Orton. The VIP Lounge was really good too. I'm getting to the point that I'm getting really, really excited every time they give Kofi Kingston a chance to talk. This guy's a revelation. If/when his ringwork catches up with his mic skills and charisma, I think we're talking potential franchise player, like Cena levels. Plus, Chris Jericho was making things awesome whenever he was on screen.

That being said, the show started off very slow, and John Cena was valium in the announce booth. As engaging as DX was last week, Cena was dreadful this week, which was a shame because he's usually better than this on the mic. Speaking of DX, they felt on the annoying side this week. I'm getting to the point where I'm just tired of seeing them prance around, and I really hope they do something drastic at Survivor Series, like break them up and feud them going into WrestleMania.

I'm really also not feeling the heel vs. heel feud dynamic between The Miz and Jack Swagger. Isn't the goal of having worked matches to give the audience a rooting interest? Then again, Evan Bourne has been an integral part of the feud (which would turn it from pointless to awesome) and the crowd seems to have made Miz the face-by-proxy. Still, I can't think that the WWE would pull the trigger on a Miz face turn already. I can't help but thinking that they would have done a lot better to have Swagger take on Cena at Survivor Series for the title and set JeriShow and DX aside for a traditional SS match, maybe JeriShow, Zack Ryder, Batista and CM Punk vs. DX, Rey Mysterio, Yoshi Tatsu and Goldust or something, with Undertaker defending against... I don't know, help me out here. I guess how they have it is good. Still...

I'm hoping that once the Rumble-to-WM swing begins that we get a more vibrant product, because right now, the dullness is just killing me. About the only thing that's interesting to me outside of what Jericho and Show are doing each week is Kofi Kingston... not a bad thing, but I want more out of my flagship show, plz.