Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fair to Flair - Wrestling Journalism Reinvented

Link to the site

There has been a lot of hype on Twitter concerning a project nebulously referred to as "Fair to Flair". Today was the launch date, and I'm proud to inform you that it's a new blogging project brought to you by several friends of TWB. The project was spearheaded by Jason Mann of Wrestlespective Radio and includes input from K. Sawyer Paul of The Footnotes of Wrestling podcast, Razor of Kickout Blog and my blogging Bill Bromanowski, PizzaBodySlam.

Okay, that doesn't tell you a lot about the project. Why is F2F different? What will make it stand out from, say, their regular blogs or podcasts? Well, their aim is pretty lofty if you ask me. They're out to reinvent wrestling journalism, not only from the blogosphere (which, for pro wrestling, is actually a lot BETTER quality than what you'll find in the mainstream) but also from the dirtsheets as well. While none of the four claim to have inside sources like Dave Meltzer or Wade Keller, you can bet your ass that the opinion writing and analysis will be at a way higher level. These four are aiming to elevate the medium. No intentionally misleading headlines to drive page hits. Think of it as a newsmagazine for pro wrestling, being "fair to the flair" of pro wrestling.

The blog and the podcast are free of charge. They will be doing a quarterly newsletter that they'll charge for. I'm not sure what pricing is, but given that the mission statement of the site says they're not in it to make a quick buck, I think it'll be very reasonably priced. I fully endorse this product, and I may even pop in from time to time to give guest content. Between my job, making this site into what I want to make it and my personal life, I don't think I could have written regularly for them (although I was offered), but I will endorse this endeavor, because I think it's needed. Hopefully, they will revolutionize the way that wrestling is presented in media, but they won't do it unless you lend them your support.

So be Fair to Flair, follow them on Twitter and Facebook and bookmark the blog. You won't be disappointed.

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!