Monday, February 28, 2011

Instant Feedback: Sucks to Be You, Buffalo

I guess they thought there was too much wrestling on RAW in 2011 to date, because tonight, the well was dry. Seriously, the only long form match they had before the main event was maybe the worst non-Great Khali match I've seen on RAW in a long time. Randy Orton and Michael McGillicutty stunk up the joint something fierce. Of course, that wouldn't have been too egregious had the out-of-ring stuff been knocked out. It wasn't. Now, I'm not going to hate on this episode as some amongst my Internet brethren will. It was hit or miss, but the misses were DREADFUL.

First up, Triple H came back and opened his mouth. Okay, it was a decent promo, but what followed kinda unsettled me. I flipped my shit at Sheamus getting buried right away, but I'm willing to look past it because I think they have something for Sheamus, no matter how much that buck-toothed idiot Kevin Dunn is reputed to have it in for him. Plus, we got the return of Evan Bourne out of it. EVAN MOTHERFUCKING BOURNE BACK IN TIME FOR WRESTLEMANIA! I love it.

The showdown between Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler was well-done too. Jack Swagger's addition into the program adds to it in my view. I think this might lead to another Oklahoman returning to the fold, but that could just be wishful thinking.

I also thought The Rock's promo was simply electrifying as well. I felt bad for the live crowd since it was made for TV rather than the people paying to be in attendance. Furthermore, they followed it up with the Shawn Michaels pre-taped promo, and it must have killed that crowd. God, I felt bad for those fans. Of course, the worst part of the night was Cena's promo on Miz. Seriously, that was terrible. Stop with the cutesy bullshit, Cena. It almost ruined the whole flow of the show for me, but Miz reclaimed it at the end of the night. Seriously, Tweeting during guest commentary? Awesome. Just awesome. Miz is growing into a main event superstar before our eyes here, and it's awesome.

Too bad the rest of the show wasn't as consistent as the main event was. Too much filler, too many mistakes, and Christ, John Cena needs to have someone grow balls, pull him aside and tell him that he should be building towards WrestleMania with his strong suit, serious promos rather than this cutesy bullshit. Right now, not only is he being lapped by The Rock, but Miz is wrecking him too.

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!