Monday, October 31, 2011

Shaking My Damn Head

Photo found by Progressive Boink user Pronounced Bran-dun Ky-la

Someone actually mailed this letter to Dave Prazak. Just in case the picture isn't clear, here's the text in transcript. I don't apologize for the grammar, because the writer clearly deserves ridicule:
Dear Dave,

I've always been a big fan of women's pro wrestling and I appreciated SHIMMER's more sensible approach to matches, although I dislike tag team and multi-woman matches, which SHIMMER emphasized.

After purchasing volumes 1-30 I had to drop SHIMMER because its roster degenerated into all blah brunettes and Japanese clad in pants and leotards. You lost all your big beautiful blondes to other leagues and you didn't replenish them.

If the women aren't attractive and compelling other factors don't make any difference.
It's impossible to make something like that up. Fans like this just prove that the WWE can change all they want, but if society and the fanbase doesn't change to respect women more, then it'll be harder for legitimate women's wrestling to catch on. I'm not saying that it's an endorsement for WWE's blatant mistreatment of women's wrestling. I'm saying more than WWE is going to have to change.