Thursday, December 22, 2011

Future Endeavors 12/22 Power Poll: I Am Daniel Bryan, Destroyer of Worlds

Aww yeah...
Photo Credit: @CMPunk
Welcome to yet another edition of the Future Endeavors Power Poll, a poll ranking wrestlers on a weekly basis based on how awesomely they performed or were portrayed on a Tuesday-to-Monday cycle. It is voted by a who's-who of wrestling bloggers, including my blogging Josh Bro-lin PizzaBodySlam. I will list the top ten, and then post and comment on my ballot. Here goes:

1. Daniel Bryan (Last week: Not rated)
2. CM Punk (2)
3. Zack Ryder (8)
4. Big Show (NR)
5. Cody Rhodes (4)
6. Randy Orton (5)
7. Triple H (NR)
8. Kane (1)
9. Sheamus (7)
10. The Ghan-Am Connection (Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne) (NR)

And now, my ballot:

1. Daniel Bryan - "Mraaaah, he went back on his word! WWE sucks! No storytelling! BLAH! NO ONE WILL SUPPORT HIM!" While I agree it's bad storytelling, if people don't think he has support, then I was hearing things at the Farg Monday. Face it, people love supporting a warrior with a sumptuous Viking beard who rips limbs from limbs and puts them in compost because he's a VEGAN, RAWR! DANIEL BRYAN'S RANKING IS STOCK NO MORE! HE'S A KILLER!

2. CM Punk - Say whatever about Punk's missteps, but in all seriousness, he's still the coolest motherfucker in sports entertainment.

3. Ricardo Rodriguez - Ricky fall down go boom. Only in wrestling is this a positive trait.

4. Zack Ryder - US Championship in 2011, US PRESIDENCY in 2012? I'm all for a Ryder/Big O ticket. FIST BUMPS AND HAIR GEL AS FOREIGN POLICY.

5. John Cena - They're selling a Cena Sucks t-shirt. I don't know whether to feel like Cena's cool as shit for letting this happen or whether he's akin to a willing cuckold. Either way, I don't begrudge anyone for buying one, though.

6. Vickie Guerrero - Seriously, she looks way hotter in person. WAY HOTTER.

7. Beth Phoenix - The shiner on her face will make its debut, and it's already a better wrestler than Alicia Fox.

8. Dean Ambrose - So yeah, he only cut an intro promo and ate a bunch of shit against Ted DiBiase in a dark match, but OMG DEAN AMBROSE IS TOURING WITH RAW SO EXCITING SO EXCITING.

9. Cody Rhodes - Don't look now, but I think he just jumped Booker T again.

10. Santino Marella - I ain't care. Santino was funny Monday. Super funny.