Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year! What the Reader Can Expect from TWB in '12

Happy New Year!
Photo Credit: Vintage Culture
Happy new year, everyone! I hope everyone didn't get too drunk on New Year's Eve and was able to enjoy the glory of the NFL's last week or the parade or watching wrestling DVDs or doing whatever it is folks do on New Year's Day without too much of a hangover. Now that we're in the swing of things in 2012, which if one believes the Mayans, will be our final year on this great blue and green marble circling the eleventy billion BTU heat lamp known as the Sun, I want to give the readers a reasonable expectation of what this year will be like for The Wrestling Blog and for myself, the Wrestling Blogger, in handy-dandy bullet point format:
  • There will be less output. I feel like I need to spend a little more time with my family and actually watching wrestling instead of writing about it. I don't want what happened last year with my DVDs to happen this year. I still have five PWG DVDs plus a number of events that I don't even have in my possession.
  • There will also be less output on the minutiae of RAW. Rather than write on every little detail that happens at length, I'll be trying to write maybe one or two feature articles about what happened on RAW each week while dedicating the rest of my time to recurring features, silly pictures and memes and feature length articles about other things I've watched, like the other TV shows or the indies.
  • Recurring features such as Instant Feedback, the Six Pack, Best Move Ever, Links, This Week in Off-Topic, Friday Five and the Power Poll will not be going anywhere.
  • However, the links dump will be drastically changed and truncated. I feel like I spend WAY too much time putting it together at the detriment of other things, be it blog content or other important stuff. So, don't feel slighted if your site isn't linked every week like it used to be. I just don't have the time.
  • I will more than likely attempt to have a more frequent output on other blogs I contribute to, because having my name out there on more than just this site is a good thing for everyone involved.
  • There will be close-to-daily weekday updates from my food Tumblr, Holzerman Hungers. Follow it on Tumblr and like it on Facebook!
  • Podcasting will stay the same. One The Wrestling Podcast a week, one Outside the Squared Circle a month.
So yeah, there'll be some change, but if people don't notice the blog has changed unless they read this post beforehand and look for it. Again, happy new year, and keep your eyes peeled for everything I have to offer!