Monday, January 2, 2012

Instant Feedback: Keep Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

It wasn't the goddamn Undertaker, people. It was Chris Jericho. Thank fucking God it was Chris Jericho. I know a lot of people are confused at the segment tonight, but I thought it was absolutely, unequivocally brilliant. Jericho always has something up his sleeve, and tonight, he started to play his card by trolling the shit out of everyone. I loved it, every single moment of it. I really may be gushing because Jericho is my favorite ever, but he really is the best ever.

Speaking of guys in the conversation for best, how about CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler? That was a great match. People are bitching about the finish, and I feel like it's a reflex out of seeing anything that doesn't end in a clean pinfall or submission. Personally, I love a great countout finish. Plus, it leads to another match between these two at the Rumble, which will be longer and probably even better. I'm so digging everything surrounding the Punk/Laurinitis feud right now. All the right players are in place, and everyone is just nailing their roles.

But people who aren't nailing their roles? First up, I'm gonna put Miz on blast here. Being "booked to look weak" or not, he seems uninspired. It doesn't help that this whole feud with Truth is being written poorly. Then again, Truf himself has been pretty good, but all anyone needs to do is take him off his meds and tell him to imitate animals. Since I'm wrist deep in Avatar: The Last Airbender (TV series, not movie), I want him to imitate a platypus bear next week. It'll amuse me. Also, the Cena/Kane stuff... it so shouldn't have kicked off RAW. Kane's promo from last week aged so horribly over seven days, and it was terrible last week. I will admit the horror movie storytelling in the end was great for the visuals and the cheesy acting by Zack Ryder. But yeah, not a top feud for me at all.

Also, where's Brodus Clay? I WANT MY HOSS WRECKING SHIT. I don't know. Either way, it was an uneven RAW tonight, but the good stuff was totally worth all the bad stuff. Jericho, Punk, Ace, Ziggler and Truth all killed it tonight. It's a show worth watching on DVR or on Universal HD.