Monday, May 21, 2012

Alex Shelley Leaves TNA

Photo Credit: ImpactWrestling.com
Via F4WOnline

Alex Shelley decided not to renew his contract with TNA. It was set to run out soon, and it was his choice not to renew. It's unknown where he's going to go. Speculation at him going to WWE seems to be a bit wild. Even with the cruiserweight show, I'm skeptical that he'd eschew Japan where he'd get money AND exposure for a chance to be a part of a show that may only get airtime overseas. That being said, nothing would shock me anymore.

My hope is that he makes a run in the indies, especially in Chikara and PWG. I'd love to see him pop up at Chikarasaurus Rex, but something tells me he'd fly a little too close to the wire for that to happen. However, a King of Trios team featuring him would be cool. Either way, it's all speculation, just like the contract status of Ric Flair, who is rumored to be leaving TNA but no one can get an accurate report. News, people.