Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Icarus Is Gonna Fly Nooooowwww...


The next step in Icarus' guerrilla-style I Am Chikara campaign will take him to the Philadelphia Art Museum on September 14, on the weekend set aside for what would have been King of Trios this year. He will be at the top of the steps next to the Rocky statue (Balboa, not Dwayne Johnson) as a symbol of his fight in the city where he learned to do so. As has been set down in precedent last year, King of Trios is now associated with my wedding anniversary, so I won't be able to make it out to this (I'll be out of town). However, I fully endorse heading out to the Art Museum. If you want to make a day out of it, Center City Philadelphia has a poop-ton of things going on for it, so even if you didn't want to look at paintings and sculptures after convening with Icarus, you could go to any number of museums, restaurants, parks, or other places of interest.