Monday, September 30, 2013

From the Archives: Shawn Michaels (c) vs. Mankind, WWF In Your House Mind Games

One of the best developments of the last year has been WWE nipping this whole piracy thing in the bud not just by slapping rogue users with copyright notices, but by putting full-length matches on their YouTube Channel. When I'm done with this year's match watching (sometime in March), maybe I'll dedicate a couple of weeks to watching matches from WWE's history that I missed. The following is a match that I actually did see live when it happened on pay-per-view. I generally loathe the idea of WWE "bringing stuff back," because most things die out for a reason. But the In Your House series of pay-per-views is a thing I wouldn't mind coming back because they were the perfect companions to the big PPVs. WWE tried new matchups and different variations on themes at those shows. Mankind getting a shot at Shawn Michaels' WWF Championship in 1996? That match wasn't happening at Survivor Series, but at a two-hour, discount show? Hell yes on more than one account.