Monday, November 25, 2013

RIP Asparagus the Wonder Dog

Companion, best friend, former United States Champion
Photo Credit: Bryan Danielson

Via Boston Herald

Asparagus the Wonder Dog, Daniel Bryan's yellow labrador retriever, passed away last week. He was 11 years old, or 77 in dog years. Asparagus was described as Bryan's best friend, and was a staple to anyone who follows Bryan on social media. He even made a few appearances on Total Divas. Anytime Bryan would win a Championship, he would have Asparagus pose with the title, and at one point, he actually defeated Bryan for the United States Championship.

I am currently a dog owner, and I've had a dog in the past. I remember when my golden retriever/labrador mix died in 2002, and I felt as if a family member had passed. For better or worse, pets become family, and I can imagine how Bryan is feeling because I've felt that way before. May Bryan find peace in this tough time.