Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Troops Are Rallied? Ashes Continue



The latest installment of Ashes picks up where it left off, with Icarus heading into the Wrestle Factory to meet Hallowicked. I get the feeling this rendezvous was meant to set the stage for Saturday, but I did find Icarus' pilfering of Mike Quackenbush's gear curious. In the five or so years I've been a Chikara fan, I've only known Icarus to wear two kinds of gear, either his Team FIST get-up, or his Marty Jannetty tribute gear. I might be reading way too much into this, but could Icarus be dressing up like his teacher as the ultimate tribute? Is he looking to take Quack's place as leader within the Chikara pantheon? Is he just showing signs of rudo credibility? No matter what symbolism the theft embodied, I almost feel like something really significant is happening at FDR Park on Saturday. This episode of Ashes felt way too much like one of those expository "let's set everything up" episodes of TV shows before their season finales.