|Why would you leave Matt Hardy off the show?|
Photo Credit: WWE.com
1. Team RAW, Mark II Matt Hardy, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, Apollo Crews, and Goldust - Honestly, the RAW second team probably doesn't stack up to the Smackdown second team, which I'll get to next, overall, but how can you have a pay-per-view card and not include Matt Hardy? Yeah, his brother is injured, but WWE signed him off the strength of his reinvention of the group. So what if you can't use BROKEN? You can let him lead the team of RAW's best second stringers into battle against...
2. Team Smackdown, Mark II Jinder Mahal, Rusev, Aiden English, Chad Gable, and Shelton Benjamin - You have the freshly former WWE Champion, RUSEV DAY, and the potential next Smackdown Tag Team Champions on the team. I mean, say what you want about Mahal, and I have, but that's a strong second unit. You could even replace English with Dolph Ziggler, although at this point, who'd want to? The elephant in the room is leaving Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens off the team, but at the same time, I'm going with the current story of them being mad at their brand.
3. Cruiserweight Tecnicos Akira Tozawa, Gran Metalik, Mustafa Ali, Rich Swann, and Cedric Alexander
4. Cruiserweight Rudos Gentleman Jack Gallagher, The Brian Kendrick, Drew Gulak, Tony Nese, and Noam Dar - If you believe the rumors that Neville is close to returning, then yeah, insert him on the heel team for Dar or Nese. However, if you have a cruiserweight division and all those wrestlers with the big play potential, how do you not have an elimination match with all of them on either the show itself or the preshow where all they do is their big spots? I mean, this kind of match was tailor made for Gran Metalik to break out and save the goddamn division. I'm going crazy over here.
5. NXT Dudes Johnny Gargano, Otis Dozovic, Tucker Knight, Oney Lorcan, and Danny Burch
6. WWE United Kingdom Lads Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Mark Andrews, and Joseph Conners - Trying to keep this match as Takeover-free as possible to try and maximize the exposure and I was still able to come up with a primo NXT team. Thanks to Gargano (and Dunne) wrestling on the pre-show taped for the next week's episode, they're available for the big ten-man match that also features My Big Beautiful Beefy Adult Sons and the team most likely to accidentally leave welts on their opponents after the match. The British team is probably as boilerplate as one can get in terms of WWE UK guys just because the division hasn't been fully implemented yet. I put Conners in for Wolfgang because the latter is rumored to be hurt.