Thursday, March 28, 2019

NXT In 60 Seconds for March 27, 2019

The good news is: you've won the Dusty Classic!  The bad news is...
Photo Credit: WWE.com
PA: Shock...the System.
Some Guy: comes out, signals that He Wants the Belt, then a bit later points a thumb at himself, go "Boom.", flashes a familiar hand sign
Everybody, Even You: ADAM COLE, BAY BAY!
Cole: Last week I outlasted four of NXT's best, I pinned Ricochet to punch my ticket to Takeover: New York against Johnny Gargano. I could stand here for hours and give you a million reasons why I'm leaving with the belt - and I will - but first I want him to come out here and face me like a man so I can tell him exactly what he's in for come Takeover.
Johnny Gargano: obliges the man, slaps hands with some front row fans of his
Full Sailors: fire through about a minute of dueling chants
Johnny: sits on some corner buckles looking bemused at the reaction
Cole: smack talks him off-mic First? You all can shut up, I can win the NXT World Championship on my own.
Johnny: I must say, I do love the Johnny Wrestling chants.
Full Sailors: do about another minute of dueling chants
Johnny: Hey, I'd like to hear the million reasons. C'mon! Get out your cameras for NXT history, since this is the first time I've ever seen Adam Cole at a loss for words. You're going to be in the fight of your life come next Friday. I've been saying for months that the story ends with me holding that title, and with Ciampa out the path to it goes through you. So in Barclays, I'm going to show you why they call me Johnny Takeover, BAY BAY!
Full Sailors: Huzzah!
Cole: mock laughs Johnny, Johnny, Johnny
Full Sailors: Johnny Takeover! clap clap clapclapclap Johnny Takeover! clap clap clapclapclap
Cole: Is that supposed to scare me, intimidate me? I dunno if your memory's shot or what, but you haven't been in the winner's circle much at Takeover. Maybe the cutesy nickname you need is Johnny Participation since the fact is you can't beat me one fall, let alone two out of three. Here's why: I became the first North American champion at a Takeover. The first ever WWE WarGames? I won it, at a Takeover. My debut here? I beat DMC down and held up the very title that's next to me in Barclays at a Takeover. So how fitting it is we return there for the biggest moment of my career. See, I earn all my opportunities and championships - ask the four guys last week if you don't believe me - but what have you done to earn this opportunity?
Johnny: Let me remind you of what I've gone through to get here. I didn't get the red carpet rolled out here for me, unlike you. I didn't debut in NYC in front of 15k strong and immediately vaulted up with the top guys. I got a tryout in 2015, and I got told no. My start was being told I wasn't good enough to be here, all the stuff I've heard my whole life. 'You're too little!' 'You don't have it!' I didn't take no for an answer, what I did was fight for one chance and I got it in the first-ever Dusty Classic. I got thrown in a makeshift team with some dude I barely knew back then and two indie guys were told 'Hey, go prove yourselves' so we came to Full Sail and we fought for our freaking lives.
Full Sailors: #DIY! #DIY! #DIY! #DIY!
Johnny: And after that was over, we left with no promises for the future. Then the invite came back a couple months after that, then another a bit after that, on and on and on and on. Why was I invited back? Because every time I showed up I poured my heart out in this ring, fighting so hard that they chanted Johnny Wrestling.
Full Sailors: guess. you're a smart one.
Johnny: The louder they chanted, the harder I fought to get a spot here because I realized I wasn't fighting by myself. They fought for me, so I fight for them and everybody else who's ever been told no or that their dream won't come true. I fought and earned my NXT contract. Every Takeover, when I won the NXT World Tag Team championships in Toronto, won my career back from Ciampa in New Orleans, and earned the North American title in Phoenix? I've earned everything I've ever gotten in this place because this place is my life.
Full Sailors: Johnny Wrestling! clap clap clapclapclap Johnny Wrestling! clap clap clapclapclap Johnny Wrestling! clap clap clapclapclap
Johnny: I wasn't handed a top spot in a group of cronies to fight my battles for me since day one. I wouldn't change a thing about who I am, where I've been or the past four years because its made me appreciate where I'm going: the main event at TO:NY where I will fight - I will fight - to make my dream come true. To control my destiny. To become the NXT heavyweight champion of the world.
PA: rocks Not Paramore
Cole: does some off-mic smacktalk, then leaves the ring...but pauses on the ramp You know, I was listening to your inspirational story (it was like a Lifetime movie before my very eyes!) but here's the deal: you can fight and scratch and claw all you want. When Takeover ends I will be NXT World Heavyweight Champion, and here's why...
Three Familiar Men: stand on the ramp's apex and throw up a gang sign
Cole: Triple H said two out of three falls would be definitive, but he was wrong. What this title match will be is Undisputed.
Johnny: glares at the lot of them
Cole: blows him a kiss
the Undisputed Era: throw up the gang sign

God's Production Team: show us the online video from last week taken "after the show" when the Sons jumped Blackochet
Full Sailors "A Week Ago": We Forgot You! clap clap clapclapclap We Forgot You! clap clap clapclapclap

Vanessa Borne and Aliyah: come out in semi matching gear
Mauro Ranallo: calls them Bourne and Boujie, which will now be my official name for the team as well
Lacey Lane and Kacy Catanzaro: come out separately to decent pops
Bourne and Boujie: Double facebuster!
Lacey: Tightrope walk into a double jump armdrag!
Bourne: bails
Full Sailors: Lacey! Lacey! Lacey!
Bourne and Boujie: start controlling the match the way you might expect a heel tag team to
the Other Horsewomen: show up
Bourne and Boujie: we left our credit card at the stove and something boiling on the bar byeeeeeee
Shayna Baszler: knee strikes Lacey, sending her out of the ring, then puts Kacy in the Clutch
Kacy: Walk up the ropes to get loose! Dropkick the underlings!
Shayna: Actually Clutch this annoying gnat!
Kacy: zzzzzzzzzz
Shayna: holds up Mrs. Big X over Kacy's fallen body
Full Sailors: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Shayna: heads over to the announce and yells at Percy off-mic This is going to keep happening if this company keeps on mistreating its champion! stands up on the table holding up MBX

Matt Riddle: comes out to a big pop
Kona Reeves: ...no

[NXT In 60 Seconds would like to take this moment to remind you that the craziest thing in NXT history is still the fact someone got paid to rap "Kona Reeves is the truth" and they got a successful take out of it. Oops, I'm breaking the fourth wall. waves]

Kona: somehow lasts more than 7 seconds
Riddle: Broton! It's a senton, but I'm a bro, and I hit it. I'm adorable. Also: gutwrench suplex!
PA: Hit it!
Mike Patton: What is it?
Velveteen Dream: comes carried out on a purple couch by two women with the North American championship suggestively draped while holding a chalice - reread that sentence if you need to
Kona: Teardrop suplex! Grounded cobra clutch!
Dream: Tap! Tap!
Matt: lolnope Open handed palm strike flurry! Enzui Pele kick! Around the world ripcord knee! smiles at Dream Arm trapped elbow flurry! Bromission!
Kayla: Your win
Dream: YOUR WINNER, and the man who gets to journey to New York to face the Dream, Matthew Riddle! cheers him with the chalice
Riddle: heads up the ramp, grabs the chalice and has a hearty sip before throwing it behind him
Dream: gestures at one of his underlings to fetch it, thus giving Riddle an opportunity to grab the mic
Riddle: I'll see you in New York, bro. walks off

A Friendly Reminder From God's Production Team: Bianca v. Kairi next week.

the Forgotten Sons: get a slightly negative reaction
Ricochet and Aleister Black: the opposite of that in both senses
the Sons: try a Pier 4 after the bell, are dumb
Blackochet: talk smack from the ring
the Sons: try and fail again
Ricochet: Sasuke Special. See Rule #1 around here, at least it'll be Rule #1 around here for another week and a half, probably.
Rule #1: Because I'm Ricochet and fuck you, that's why.
Blackochet: pose on opposite buckles to another huge pop
Ricochet: fights off both Sons for a bit
Ryker: Polish Hammers him in the back behind the ref's back
the Sons: Tandem Bret backbreaker! Slingshot back suplex backbreaker! Double uranage backbreaker!
Ricochet: Desperation Woo dropkick! And now to make the
Wesley Blake: YOINK
Aleister: is mad about it
Blake: catapults Ricochet
Ricochet: Tag!
Aleister: starts putting meesters on keesters I just made you uraken your partner. I'd laugh about that if I could. Basement Knee Trembler! Quebrada!
Steve Cutler: Underhook backbreaker!
Ricochet: Cute. I'm going to superrana your partner.
Blake: I'm going to lariat you.
Aleister: I'm going to springboard turning Meteora you.
Blake and Ricochet: fight over a suplex for about a minute
Ricochet: Who'd you think was gonna win that? C'mon, y'all. Phoenix splash!
Blake: Ole!
Ricochet: I landed on my feet. Y'know, Rule #1 and all that.
Aleister: Tag. C R O C O P.
Ricochet: tosses Cutler
Cutler: grabs Ricochet and tosses him into the steps
the Sons: Backstabber + Savage elbow!
Ricochet: Save!
Blake: Get out of here, you
the Sons: Buckle bomb backbreaker combo! And now to
Aleister: Eat this C R O C O P and a tornado knee? I concur.
Blake: Too bad for you I'm the legal man. Powerbomb into a Malenko gutbuster!
Aleister: My foot's on the ropes.
Ryker: No, it's not.
Referee: Yeah, it was. YOU'RE OUTTA HERE!
Ryker: wait what
the Sons: what wait
Ricochet: blind tags in
Blake: may or may not be religious
Black: MASS. Oh, what the hell. wipes out Cutler with an Asai suicida off the apron
Ricochet: Here I thought it was 6:30, but it turns out it's time to win the fourth Dusty Classic. AND it's 6:30!
Referee: Winners!
Fog: shoots up from the floor
Confetti: falls from the sky
Aleister: composes himself and bows deeply before the statue
Ricochet: rolls around in the confetti
Aubrey Plaza and Chris Pratt, Destroyer of Worlds: would be staring at these two dimly should they watch NXT and do so together
the War Raiders: show up with their titles and enter the ring
All Four Men: talk a little smack but nothing too unruly
the NXT World Tag Team Champions: hold up their belts
the Men Challenging For Them At Takeover: eye them intently