Friday, July 19, 2019

NXT In 60 Seconds for July 17, 2019

The rematch's rematch is on, with a twist
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Matt Riddle: comes out to a good pop offering Bro Bumps
Arturo Ruas: comes out in an all black gi and is now focused more on his capoiera
Both: fist bump after the bell rings, then grapple on the mat earning two brief applause breaks
Ruas: successfully executes an ankle pick
Riddle: makes the ropes quickly
Ruas: gets a couple of takedowns
Riddle: Upkicks! Final Flash knee! GandP!
Referee: That's it! I'm calling it! Winner!
Riddle: celebrates then gets jumped from behind
Masked Man: is a Tool fan named Killian Dain, hits him with three sentons in the ring, one outside of it, and another on the top of the ramp to send them both through a panel before crawling out, listening to the refs and leaving

Street Profits: brag about being the NXT World Tag Team champions, note they won the ladder match to earn them where Fish and O'Reilly failed, and invite them to bring The Smoke

God's Production Team: via "a fan's cell phone video" "last Saturday" see Mia Yim jump Marina Shafir in the parking lot of a live event, slamming the door on her to boot

Sam Shaw Dexter Lumis: wears black gloves, hails from an undisclosed location, has a mashup of the Halloween and Stranger themes for entrance music, and doesn't do a picture in picture Here's Who I Am interview; creep, weirdo, etc
Announce: wonders what the hell he's doing here and that in NXT, someone like him doesn't belong here

Jonah Rock Bronson Reed: a pint and a fight kind of guy hoping to educate us on Australian Strong Style
Dexter: Tope con hilo!
Bronson: dodges
Dexter: lands on his feet
Bronson: Flying crossbody! Back in the ring with you!
Dexter: Double thrust to the throat! Back suplex! Senton bomb!
Bronson: Dodge! You go splat now! Flying splash!
Referee: Winner!

Breezus: You know, Cathy, everyone has a group and friends watching their backs here now. I should either adapt or
Forgotten Sons: It's not the old NXT anymore. It's not the Tyler Breeze Show.
Breezus: (to Ryker) Aren't you Buddy Murphy?
Forgotten Sons: Crap like that right there? That's why you were never taken seriously.
Breezus: Guess what, boys? You don't scare me. I've seen everything. walks
Forgotten Sons: fume

GPT: lets us know about Io/Kacy for next week

KUSHIDA: gets a good pop
Apollo Crews: gets a huge pop and Welcome Back chants
Both: shake hands
KUSHIDA: Gator Roll! Handspring double heel kick!
Crews: Pop up Malenko gutbuster! Bulldog suplex!
Nigel McGuinness: It's too easy for him!
Crews: Stinger splash! Overhead belly to belly!
KUSHIDA: Kickout! Upkick to the left arm! Handspring back elbow! Hiptoss to set up the cartwheel basement dropkick! Owenzugiri from the apron! Step-thru tornado DDT!
Crews: Kickout! Bike kick! Deadlift German trifecta! Standing Shooting Star Press!
KUSHIDA: Kickout! Complete Shot into the middle turnbuckle! Springboard rana! Pele kick!
Crews: Bigger Owenzugiri!
Both: down
Full Sailors: applaud NXT! NXT! NXT!
Both: fight on the top rope
KUSHIDA: SUPER FLYING CROSS ARMBREAKER!
Crews: turns in the hold to try to reach for the ropes
KUSHIDA: Sakuraba Lock!
Crews: lasts for a bit but eventually taps
Referee: Winner!
Both: give the other props and shake hands

Keith Lee:Well, Cathy, my year has had some progress, but more stops and starts. So many opportunities I was promised and yet I stand here passed over between the Breakout tournament and all of them getting chances, and this Damian Priest being talked about. It falls on me to change the narrative so that I am the one talked about. I'll show why I should be. Thanks, Cathy. Great idea. Have a good one. walks
Queen Cathy: ...but I didn't
GPT: inform us Priest/Lee will also be happening from the 32792 next week

Some Guy: comes out with Goldie, points a thumb to himself, then shoots two pairs of two fingers in the air
Everybody, Probably Even You: ADAM COLE, BAY BAY!
Adam Cole: I've been around the world and I I I I - I've been celebrating, showing you morons what a true champion is. What true power is. And while I've been gone, my boys have been handling business and there is an undisputed power switch happening in NXT right now. I'm a fighting champion, set against all comers; anyone, anytime, anywhere - like, say, tonight. Like, say, against:
RegalTron: shows Johnathan Grapples at that wrestling school in the spring, as well as the avuncular student he talked to and let hold the NXT championship, Tuan Tucker
Tuan Tucker: comes out
Full Sailors: Tuan! Tuan! Tuan! Tuan!
Adam Cole: I hope you realize you're getting the opportunity of a lifetime here. No UE. Just you and me. Heh. Maybe you'd like to slap the taste out of my mouth.
Tuan: And maybe I didn't come alone.
PA: plays Not Paramore
Johnny Gargano: runs out and beats Cole like a rented goalie in and out of the ring, culminating in myriad superkicks and making Cole tap out to the Escape by applying it around the throat, then stomps off and holds up 3 fingers

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE: