Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jason Powell Says What I Was Thinking Last Night Re: The Miz

Via his RAW Hitlist on Dot Net

I didn't mention anything about the Miz or Kofi last night during my Instant Feedback mainly because it was another part of the "commercial for next week" feeling. I know the sentiment out there is that I'm this booster for the Miz (and really, I kinda am) and that I would have been disappointed in him getting borderline squashed last night. However, that's not the case, and Jason Powell explains why more eloquently than I ever could:
Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz: Sure, we could bitch about Miz being made to look weak, but he'll regain his heat the second he opens his mouth on next week's show. This appeared to be WWE's way of letting viewers know that Kofi isn't just another mid-card wrestler despite his recent setbacks. He dominated Miz and Randy Orton's interference sets up their rematch for next week.
Bingo.

Miz has been protected more than any heel not named Sheamus on the RAW roster in the last three months. Arguably, he's the hottest midcard property in the company, as he gets better crowd reactions and is a far better wrestler and talker than Scrooge McPoyle, the other heel secondary Champion on the other brand. However, Kofi is a future main eventer, and I'm talking near future, like, dude could win the Royal Rumble (and he should). They played it perfectly, and Miz will rebound next week when he will most likely get fed MVP on the showcase RAW.

Remember folks, heat is elastic, and the future is bright for Miz.