Tuesday, March 23, 2010

EVOLVE Loses Its Second Consecutive Headliner to an ROH Contract

From the horse's mouth

That Young Knockout KidChris Hero, who headlined EVOLVE 2: Hero vs. Hidaka, signed a contract with ROH, which if you remember the whole Davey Richards fiasco, Gabe Sapolsky doesn't book guys with ROH contracts. I guess that's something I never got around to posting on here the last time, as the last words I wrote here had me firmly in Camp Gabe. Now, I still admire Gabe and love the promotions he runs, but with everything known, I think he did overreact, as there was no hesitation from ROH's end from letting DR get booked in EVOLVE and DGUSA.

So again, Chris Hero probably wrestled his first and only EVOLVE show given that policy. It's a shame, but hey, that's the business, one full of caustic relationships and big egos. Still though, good for Hero. This probably means big things for him, including a long overdue run at the ROH World Heavyweight Championship.

Also, I'm wondering if Gabe now will be hesitant to book anyone outside of Jimmy Jacobs for his EVOLVE mains now for fear that they'll be the next guy to sign with ROH ;)

Speaking of ROH, they revamped their website. It looks slicker, but I think I liked the old look better. I guess I'll get used to this one though.

Photo Credit: Scott Finkelstein - Please visit his site to view the plentiful amounts of pictures he's taken for DGUSA, ROH and other indie feds: Get Lost Photography