Monday, March 22, 2010

Instant Feedback: San Jose Mutants and Recaps Make My Eyes Bleed

"You can't wrestle."

Really? Really, San Jose? Quick, name your favorite wrestler. Odds are, unless that guy is Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Christian, Bryan Danielson or CM Punk, John Cena is better than your favorite wrestler. This "you can't wrestle" bullshit is not only patently false, it's one of those self-serving, TNA-Impact-Zone mutant chants along the lines of "This is wrestling!" Fuck that. I thought WWE crowds were better, especially West Coast ones. I was wrong.

Anyway, there were some gems on this show, but you had to wade through a bunch of recaps to get to it. God, my eyes almost bled from the sheer amount of recaps, and that's saying something. I'll tell you what was good. Miz/Morrison was one of the best RAW matches they've had all month, mostly because of Miz. That neckbreaker during the commercial break was sick. Show was great on commentary. R-Truth not as much. Sheamus going over Orton clean was great but it was about two months overdue, and it probably didn't fit in the context of the build to WM. Still, it was about as good as a handicap match could have been. Shawn Michaels' show opening promo was pretty good, and Taker's rebuttal video was excellently placed and timed. Kinda wish HBK wouldn't have no-sold it, but hey, I guess he had to fill out a few more minutes before Pete Rose (who was turrible) waddled his way out there. The end segment was pretty good too, although Cena and Batista have set the bar so high with their out-of-match segments that this seemed pedestrian. Also, I want that Batista fathead. Whoever made that sign is awesome and I hope they're one of the dozens... AND DOZENS of people who read this blog. If they are, I want a Batista fathead. IT WILL BE MINE!

I thought the Bret Hart promo was okay, even if I'm almost positive WM isn't going to be the last we see of him. His delivery sounded like he was doing intentionally unfunny standup comedy though. Weird. I kinda liked the Legacy promo too, although both of them are still awkward on the mic and need some more seasoning. Being apart from Orton will help them. Why do I get the feeling that's not happening for a few months though?

But yeah, the recaps just killed the show on the whole. They're lucky that TNA was producing dreck for the most part, or else they might have... lost me to... Spi... oh, I can't type this without busting out laughing. The WWE is lucky TNA is pathetic right now, and also that they didn't need the show tonight to make me buy the PPV. Then again, everyone buys WM. This year especially won't be a problem.