Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holy Crap, Johnny Gargano Was an E-Fedder?

The Whole E-fedding Shebang?
For those who know me, you know that I used to be huge into e-fedding, even when I wasn't watching wrestling. I don't do it as much anymore, although I still have one character active. You'd think that e-fedding is the nerdiest of nerdy activities, and yeah, I admit it is. However, it can also help with promo skills if you're in the business. Yeah, it doesn't help with delivery or presence, but it can help with content ideation. So when you hear about guys like D'Lo Brown, Al Snow and Sean Waltman handling in Travis Beaven's fWo, it makes sense. But were they the only guys handling in e-feds? I doubt it. I'm betting a lot of guys in the indies now have done e-fedding at some point, but it's mind-blowing to find out that a guy who's making his bones in indie feds that I follow actually did e-fedding in a community that I was a part of. That guy?
Johnny Gargano.

Yep, the Whole Shebang was most likely a member of the old-school PTC e-fed PCW. The following link is evidence of that. Take a look.

From the PCW archives

Take a look at that bio. John Gargano. Okay, it could be a coincidence, there could be more than one person in the world could be named John Gargano, or someone else could come up with that fake name. However, two things leap out at me. One, he bills himself from Cleveland. Two, the birthdate is the same as what's listed on Wikipedia, August 14th. The years are different, but yeah, that would make sense. They've gotta be one in the same, which if it is the case, it's mind-blowing. I've got new material for cheering/jeering at the Chikara season premiere!

Photo Credit: Scott Finkelstein - Please visit his site to view the plentiful amounts of pictures he's taken for DGUSA, ROH and other indie feds: Get Lost Photography

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!