Friday, April 22, 2011

TWB Presents: The Wrestling Podcast

Photo Credit and Manipulation: ME
I was all set to comment on the whole Zack Ryder update on F4W Online, but you know what? That handsome devil Jason Mann beat me to it, and I really didn't feel like reiterating what he said with a rider of cynical disdain at Bryan Alvarez's cynicism (HOLY CYNICISM BATMAN). Besides, I think I ragged on the guy enough this week, and I don't want to, because I generally like him.

So, I will take this opportunity to make a huge, huge announcement regarding the blog and something new I'm going to be launching. In case you couldn't get the hint from the blog lately or my various Tweets, I'm going to be getting into the podcast game. Yep, much like many other of my blogging brethren, I will be taking the game to the Internet airwaves. What does this mean for TWB? Well, nothing.

I don't want the podcast to overpower what I do on here. I'm way more comfortable writing than talking. And I also don't want the podcast to become like my blog only in spoken word. So, what it will be is a bi-to-triweekly recording where I sit down and riff with people, whether they be in the business, have a blog or are just really cool people I know from real life/social media/message boards that I think would be great interviews. While the blog will be mainly focused on my insane ramblings and psychobabble about the professional wrestling business, the podcast will have more of a conversation feel and be more about what the guests think.

My guests may or may not be limited to people who strictly immerse themselves in the wrestling medium. I want to get people from all walks of coverage in here, just as long as they're wrestling fans and can at least talk some wrestling. But yeah, those of you who want to hear me talk for an hour about wrestling when I write 20 hours worth of reading material a week, prepare to be disappointed (and WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?). However, if you want to hear real interaction and stuff that veers GREATLY off the course of discussion (the best kinds of discussions, IMO), then this is for you.

I'm not tipping the cap as to who my first guest is going to be, but it'll be special, befitting a first podcast. Trust me, you'll enjoy it if you're of like mind to me. I'll be recording Monday, and unless I'm totally terrible at sound editing, it should be up Wednesday.

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!