Monday, January 21, 2013

The Wrestling Blog's OFFICIAL Best in the World Rankings: January 21st

Yep, that's the power of Bryan
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Welcome to a feature I like to call "Best in the World" rankings. They're not traditional power rankings per se, but they're rankings to see who is really the best in the world, a term bandied about like it's bottled water or something else really common. They're rankings decided by me, and don't you dare call them arbitrary lest I smack the taste out of your mouth. Without further ado, here's this week's list:

1. Daniel Bryan (Last Week: 1) - He got Randy Orton to emote something other than "seething." If that doesn't convince you he's the best in the goddamn world, you're made of stone.

2. Rachel Summerlyn (Last Week: 2) - Yes, she may have lost her Anarchy Championship last night, but y'know what? Fuck the haters. I'm a Rachel Summerlyn guy.

3. Anquan Boldin (Last Week: Not Ranked) - Look, I don't wanna see the Ravens win the Super Bowl as much as most of you don't want to (Baltimore fans excluded), but the guy went full beast mode yesterday to scourge us of the New England Patriots of the playoffs. That's worth something. Sorry Pats fans, nothing against you personally, but when I see Tom Brady slide cleats first into any player, Ed Reed or Special Teams Dime Back #298, and not get called for it when Ndamukong Suh would've been flagged for it by NFL precogs minutes before the play even would've happened, it really gets my goddamn goat. Sorry for the rant. SORRY.

4. Matthew Palmer (Last Week: Not Ranked) - It's amazing what you can do when you stop selecting "flee" and take on that ACH boss battle to completion, isn't it?

5. Pizza (Last Week: Not Ranked) OFFICIAL HOLZERMAN HUNGERS SPONSORED ENTRY - Just your weekly reminder that Chicago deep dish isn't pizza but tomato pot pie. It's still delicious, but the one true pizza emanates from New York.

6. Sara del Rey (Last Week: 9) - I heard she made Kaitlyn watch hours upon hours upon hours of Leon doing her spear, A Clockwork Orange style in order to make it look as fearsome as it has in the last week. I'd say del Rey's tutelage worked.

7. Little Jimmy (Last Week: Not Ranked) - Not for nothing, but I heard he and Lennay Kekua really have hit it off in the last week. Do I hear imaginary wedding bells?

8. Athena (Last Week: Not Ranked) - She won the ACW Televised Championship last night, and also I've been watching her in SHIMMER lately. How can she not be on this list? Christ, man, so awesome.

9. Kyle Matthews (Last Week: Not Ranked) - The only description I could find online of his match with Vordell Walker last night was that he won. But I assume the description of the match being face-meltingly awesome beyond any hope or imagination I might have was just implied, guys.

10. Mark Henry (Last Week: 10) - MARK HENRY FACT: Mark Henry invented the word "factotum," because it amused him.