Monday, March 25, 2013

From the Archives: AJ Cruise vs. Mikaze

Today in about a few hours, I'm kicking off the Top 100 Matches of 2012 list. I watched a lot of wrestling last year, probably between 1800 and 2000 matches as a very rough estimate. To cull that list down to 100 took a lot of agonizing decisions over what matches should make it and which ones I had to leave off. Some were slam dunks. Others would have made it if I was in a different mood that day. Here's one of the ones you'll end up seeing in honorable mentions. It's from Connecticut Wrestling Entertainment's Madness in March IV from March 10, 2012 between AJ Cruise and Mikaze. Mikaze actually has made a bit of a splash for Beyond Wrestling, and in this match, both he and Cruise break out some aerodynamic pyrotechnics and big impact moves. Just because I limited myself to 100 matches on this best of list that will start to be unveiled later today doesn't mean there were only 100 matches worth watching in 2012.