Friday, March 8, 2013

Oooh Yeah, Dig It: White House Petition to Make May 20th National Macho Man Day

Ooh yeah, National Macho Man Day, that sounds like it would be FANTASTIC
Photo Credit: WWE.com
White House Petitions

May 20th, 2011 is the day we lost "Macho Man" Randy Savage in a car accident caused by a heart attack. Even a little under two years later, and I'm still not completely over it. I miss the hell out of the Macho Man. Many people are miffed that he hasn't been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame yet. I say screw that, he deserves to be honored at a higher level here, with a National Holiday. That's where this petition comes in. I didn't create it, but it was brought to my attention by various folks on the Twitters and other social media.

However, regardless of whether it gets recognized by the White House or not, I feel it's our duty to celebrate May 20th as National Macho Man Day. Do we really need the approval of the President to celebrate one of the greatest pro wrestlers of all-time, one of our in-ring heroes, and a legendary performer across several different media? I say no. Forget President Obama, I, TH, the Supreme and Self-Appointed Greatest Wrestling Writer of ALL-TIME®, hereby declare May 20th to be National Macho Man Day. But still sign the petition. I'm just saying, we celebrate regardless of approval or not.