Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Austin Aries!

Aries, with gold around his waist
Today is the birthday of verily the greatest man who ever lived, Austin Aries. Aries faked us out a couple of weeks ago, throwing the retirement angle out at us and instead, using that opportunity to turn heel in DGUSA. Risky move, but at this point, I'm glad he's staying on more than I'm annoyed that "zomg anudder stipulation was broken!" That is to say I'm not annoyed at all over the breaking of another stipulation. Anyway...

Yeah, there's really nothing I could give A Double that would really fit. I'm a just a fan, and really, it would be creepy if I went out and bought him a show on DVD or a gift card or an embroidered throw pillow. However, I will echo the sentiment of @IWantWrestling. Here's their birthday wish for A Double, in Tweet form:


I know grassroots social media campaigns might seem frivolous, but at the same time, if enough people got behind this, wouldn't the WWE have to take notice? I would think so. Or at least I'd hope so.

Anyway, even if this goes nowhere, I still wish pro wrestling's most awesome active performer a very happy birthday.

A Double Photo Credit: Scott Finkelstein - Please visit his site to view the plentiful amounts of pictures he's taken for DGUSA, ROH and other indie feds: Get Lost Photography

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!