Thursday, April 14, 2011

Somebody Slap Me, Because I Think I'm Starting to Admire Triple H

A pedigree on Sheamus - bad; A pedigree on the old practices of how the WWE debuts its stars - GOOD
Photo Credit: WWE.com
I came across this nugget from the 4/18 issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
The introduction of Kong through vignettes is part of the HHH philosophy of wanting to build fans anticipation for new characters rather than having them just show up. He’s taking charge of the developmental program and it’s expected whatever his new changes are will be done imminently, as in changes starting within a week or two. Among the changes are that he’s going to taking charge sooner than later of who is brought up, not bringing guys up before they are ready (Mason Ryan) and how they are introduced.
Grammatical and syntactical errors aside, that's a very interesting read. It also bodes well for the future of the wrestling... err, sports entertainment... err, action soap opera side of the company. I may never come to complete grips with Trips as a performer ever, but if he keeps doing stuff like this as a WWE administrator, then hell, I might even grow to admire him. Yes, you read that right. I'm also not high on mescaline or any illegal drug right now. Nor am I drunk. Or whacked on prescriptions. I'm just calling it as I see it.

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!