Monday, February 20, 2012

POLL! Robert or Bobby Roode?

Robert or Bobby?
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Something has been bothering me for a couple of months now. TNA World Champion Bobby Roode is a villain. A heel. A bad guy. Yet, he goes by the first name of "Bobby" instead of Bob, Robert, Rob or Skullfucker (no wait, that last one would probably make him super popular, scratch that). That form of his name seems more of a childlike nickname to me. Like, good ol' boy babyfaces would go by the nickname ending in -y, but heels usually end up having a name more serious sounding.

Am I just being too much of a pedantic fool here, or am I onto something? Because I'm so vexed by this, I decided to put it to a vote. The poll is on the upper lefthand portion of the screen on the main blog (so if you're reading via RSS/Google Reader, click through!). Weigh in and vote.