Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up: No Great Sacrifice

Virgil- TNA had a PPV this weekend. Yeah, I was surprised to hear that news too, probably because I didn't watch Impact on my DVR yet, and, well, let's face it. TNA kinda sucks in driving home when a PPV is until the show before that PPV happens. Dylan Hales over at A1 watched it through devious means and said that if he had paid for the PPV, he'd have been majorly pissed off. Justin Henry over at the Camel Clutch Blog (where I write now too, did I tell you?) dissected the PPV apart as well, but was only slightly kinder to it than Hales was.

- According to F4W, Virgil is claiming he's going to be on RAW tonight. Again, Virgil's claiming it, so who knows how true it is, but if he does appear, it could be a cool appearance if he's only on camera for a few minutes. No word on whether Escorpion Egyptico will be there too.

- Not a whole lot going on in the major indies from this past weekend. However, starting Thursday, shit starts getting real. Thursday night at Ric Rac's in South Philly features a wrestling-themed comedy night. Colt Cabana's standup comedy headlines, and on the undercard, Claudio Castagnoli judges an Alex Wright dance-off, Bryce Remsburg's Secret Pants sketch comedy troupe will perform, and I think friend of the blog Gregg Gethard might be performing too, but don't quote me on that. Your host for the evening is ULTRAMANTIS BLACK~!~!~! I'd be going to this if I didn't already have prior engagements to see another comedy show in the Northeast.

- As for the actual wrestling coming up, Chikara runs its Aniversario shows in Tyngsboro, MA and Union City, NJ this weekend, headlined by Eddie Kingston and Tommy Dreamer in Jersey. I'll be writing up previews for both here and for the CCB for the events. In Philly, ROH is running TV tapings, and I'll be going to at least one if not both tapings. Also in North Jersey... JAPW is running a show Saturday, and they're featuring on the card Jushin Liger taking on Homicide. Niiiiice.

- Finally, DGUSA's Mercury Rising debuted on PPV on Friday and I think it's running for the next week or so. Also, Chikara (It always comes back to Chikara, doesn't it?) had a very quick turnaround on getting King of Trios on DVD. Order it here. Seriously, if you couldn't be there, or even if you were there and wanted to relive it again in a month or so (because it was THAT awesome), buy it. I have never urged anyone to buy anything as much as I'm urging people who are true-blue wrestling fans to buy these three DVDs. Trust me, you'll enjoy the hell out of them.

Photo Credit: WWE.com

Remember you can contact TH and ask him questions about wrestling, life or anything else. Please refer to this post for contact information. He always takes questions!