Monday, December 17, 2012

The Wrestling Blog's OFFICIAL Best in the World Rankings: December 17th

Bryan is still number one because he is, deal
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Welcome to a feature I like to call "Best in the World" rankings. They're not traditional power rankings per se, but they're rankings to see who is really the best in the world, a term bandied about like it's bottled water or something else really common. They're rankings decided by me, and don't you dare call them arbitrary lest I smack the taste out of your mouth. Without further ado, here's this week's list:

1. Daniel Bryan (Last Week: 1) - Daniel Bryan earned 17,732 experience points and used them towards leveling up his "Irony" stat by asking whether anything was more annoying than Ryback saying something over and over. He also willingly risked breaking his jaw for my amusement, so props for that.

2. Rachel Summerlyn (Last Week: 4) - She once again proved why she's awesome through retaining her Anarchy Championship against five other joshis with Christmas swag used as plunder. Would you want to be stabbed with a candy cane? I don't think I would.

3. Oreo Cake (Last Week: Not Ranked) OFFICIAL HOLZERMAN HUNGERS SPONSORED ENTRY - This was my birthday cake, and it was delicious.

4. Adam Cole (Last Week: 5) - Hey, it's not his fault ROH told him to put over Matt Hardy.

5. Sara del Rey (Last Week: 8) - Eve Torres continues to dazzle in her new gimmick, while Naomi got a chance to shine. I assume these were both del Rey's ideas.

6. Jessicka Havok (Last Week: Not Ranked) - She not only got to Austin, killified Miss Maulie, and most impressively, earned Jaykus Plisken's respect, she ate Rice Krispie treat ice cream with Rachel Summerlyn and made a reference to one of the best lines in the movie Stepbrothers in the process.

7. The Big Show (Last Week: 6) - Holy shit, did you LOOK at that chair he used?

8. El Generico (Last Week: Not Ranked) - I didn't know whether to give the spot to Steen or Generico here, but I figured since El G was the guy taking the insane, possibly paralysis-inducing bump onto the ladder, I'll give it to him.

9. Victor Cruz (Last Week: Not Ranked) - I don't like the Giants, and Cruz's salsa dancing irritates me (well in fairness, it doesn't irritate me as much as NBC playing the salsa music during it). They didn't even do too well on the field yesterday. However, Cruz, to me, is the most awesome guy in the NFL for what he did for Jack Pinto's family after he was senselessly gunned down as part of the awful, truly atrocious massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School Friday. This is just your weekly reminder that sports don't matter as much as you might think they do.

10. Mark Henry (Last Week: 10) - MARK HENRY FACT: Mark Henry was considered for the role of Thanos in the Avengers 2, but he was deemed to be too scary for audiences.