Monday, January 14, 2013

Trent Barreta and Skyler Moon Future Endeavored

Fare thee well, Dudebuster
Photo Credit: WWE.com
Trent Barreta and Buggy Nova/Skyler Moon were both released Friday. Some of the news sites were speculating that this was a precursor for a much larger layoff of wrestlers, which I guess makes sense given how full to the gills NXT is with ready-talent and how WWE is looking to expand their harvest of the indies. I don’t necessarily want to see it happen because there are a bunch of underutilized guys in the company that would be pretty awesome if they had a shot on one of the main shows on a regular basis. I’d hate to see Justin Gabriel get swept up in future endeavors fever. I also pretty much think that sites like PW Spyware who pretty much do everything except show the bulges in their reporters pants when they report news like this are pretty low.

As for both wrestlers, I’m pretty sure Nova will get a shot to go home to Southern California. I admit that when I first noticed her in 2011 in Championship Wrestling of Hollywood, I was totally turned off by her wrestling ability. In a small sample size of matches since, I saw at least some improvement. Who knows, maybe she’ll end up in PWG as the next Candice LaRae. Barreta, however, I fear might be out of the public eye. Yeah, he’ll get booked, probably for several New York City area promotions (although if EVOLVE were smart, they’d pick him up and have him go 10-15 minutes as the pre-intermission main event against guys like Jon Davis and Sami Callihan), but I fear unless he shows up at Impact Wrestling as Brent Glock or something like that, he’ll be more a YouTube find than anything.